When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Suggestions on touching up pencil lead PVD PAM...

hackR

Hi guys...have a DSN pencil lead pvd PAM...it has a couple of really minor nick spots (pin head size...so i'm anal - i know!) where i can see the bare metal...the case is one of DSN's pencil lead pvd, so it's a dark gray and not black...in the past, i would use a sharpie marker to spot treat a darker pvd coating...but with the pencil lead colored pvd coating, i'm thinking this might not be wise...has anyone touched up a pencil lead PAM case, and if so, what did you do?...thanks...R

Hi guys...have a DSN pencil lead pvd PAM...it has a couple of really minor nick spots (pin head size...so i'm anal - i know!) where i can see the bare metal...the case is one of DSN's pencil lead pvd, so it's a dark gray and not black...in the past, i would use a sharpie marker to spot treat a darker pvd coating...but with the pencil lead colored pvd coating, i'm thinking this might not be wise...has anyone touched up a pencil lead PAM case, and if so, what did you do?...thanks...R

R have you tried the linseed oil trick? I would guess you would have but maybe that might do enough to disguise it

Or thinking about it...have you seen that DIY way of doing etching ...using batteries and some wire with a cotton bud.... ? you know the way that doing that makes the SS darken...well that maybe right for a pencil finsih to match it in or take your eye off it without a darker patch up attracting it..