When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Lets see those perfect 5513 crown guards

aeromatic

I decided to buy my first yuki 5513 case but the crown guards seem off, the crown guard side of the case is finished with a slight inverted curve instead of flat i have started to refinish the none cg side to soften the case i will post some photos as soon as i can 

I purchased a nice 5513 dial from a member here which has dial feet for a eta movement we have tried to fit the dial to an old 2472 movement but the dial feet are off by 1mm

so looks like they may have to be cut and im waiting for the gen crown and tube to arrive

My first 5513 was a cartel 1680 from puretime which accepted the 26mm dial although my 1680 from trusty would not ,i am using a series of wet n dry from 800 grade to 2,000 grade then finishing off with autosol metal polish although i may leave the finish up to 2,000 grade to dull the factory finish the overall look of this build will be none aged for a contrast to my well aged 5513 !

Thank you kind sirs !! :)

The world's most beautiful crown guards.  :wub:    ..............what's left of them.....................

attachicon.gif4old.jpg

Hey Nanuq they look like they been chewed by a polar bear ! now that is what i call an aged watch  :bangin: well mabe its not the age but the mileage :)  ?

Well looking at your crown guards my yuki case cgs look more like freddys than the others so over all the thickness is good !!! many thanks !

Edited by aeromatic

Unless your CGs extend beyond the crown, there is little that can be wrong with 40+ year-old CGs. Remember, nearly all of these watches have been worn, polished & abused for most of their lives, which leaves the cases looking different than the way they did when they left the factory. As long as the case edges are not perfectly crisp & minty, you are better off obsessing over something else (dial, crown, bracelet, etc).

Unless your CGs extend beyond the crown, there is little that can be wrong with 40+ year-old CGs. Remember, nearly all of these watches have been worn, polished & abused for most of their lives, which leaves the cases looking different than the way they did when they left the factory. As long as the case edges are not perfectly crisp & minty, you are better off obsessing over something else (dial, crown, bracelet, etc).

You are correct ! i dont usually obsess about cgs but i notice that many member place a lot of importance on them ,i would love to see some clear photos of the gens when they were new from different angles .

TZ, VRF or any of the other gen Rolex sites should have plenty of pics of NOS &/or mint watches. Frankly, when it comes to tool watches, within reason, the more (natural) wear the better. A DD, DJ or any polished-case (formal) watch looks best when pristine. But a vintage Daytona, Sub, GMT or any brushed-case (sport) watch usually looks best when it shows its age & wear.

TZ, VRF or any of the other gen Rolex sites should have plenty of pics of NOS &/or mint watches. Frankly, when it comes to tool watches, within reason, the more (natural) wear the better. A DD, DJ or any polished-case (formal) watch looks best when pristine. But a vintage Daytona, Sub, GMT or any brushed-case (sport) watch usually looks best when it shows its age & wear.

:thumbs: