When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which AP Diver (Stainless Steel) ? Noob 4.1 vs V5

Yep! It's been asked before, many times on many forums too. Bottom line, v3.5 basically put the diver on super rep status. You really can't loose with anything you get after that. Personal preference will rule in choosing between v4.1 and v5 (I choose v5). Otherwise you'll get the endless loop of members disagreeing on why one is better than the other. Real world experience after wearing the v5 for over a month is that 99% of the time most people don't even know what an AP is. For example, I was asked one time if I was wearing a Hublot lol! Hope it helps. Samsung Galaxy Note III

Both dealers have the same watch (V5), so you just pick the one you feel the most comfortable with, the one that has the best ,shipping/payment plan for you ,etc. I'm very torn between the V4.1 and the V5, can't make up my mind. I have a Forged Carbon Diver V3 from the same factory that makes the V5 S/S AP, and it's as close to gen as you can get with out a lot of modding.

There is a pretty long thread over in the AP forum on repgeek, 4.1 vs V5 pretty comprehensive comparison of the flaws on each. might be a good idea to go over and read that one. Honestly, both are very good. Since AP's are pretty scarce out in the real world, I seriously doubt that you would ever have a problem with either one as far as being "called out". unless you happen to encounter an AP WIS who happens to have the identical genuine watch and a 5X loupe, you are not going to have to worry. I believe that a whole lot of the problems folks encounter with reps have more to do with the guy wearing the watch, rather than the watch itself. I've said this countless times, if you look and dress like the guy that can carry off a 22K watch, you will never be questioned, if you are an 18 year old college student driving a 10 year old beat up car, you are not going to be able to pull off a vintage Rolex Paul Newman Daytona. My first thought when I see someone like this is "That's a fake Rolex"!! Even though the guy may be wearing a genuine Rolex that his grandfather handed down to him, just about 100% of the folks who know watches will believe it's a replica until proven otherwise. Nice thing about AP's is they sort of fly under the radar, as they are not a brand with a lot of name recognition, so most folks won't have a clue as to what they are.

• Like 1

Both dealers have the same watch (V5), so you just pick the one you feel the most comfortable with, the one that has the best ,shipping/payment plan for you ,etc. I'm very torn between the V4.1 and the V5, can't make up my mind. I have a Forged Carbon Diver V3 from the same factory that makes the V5 S/S AP, and it's as close to gen as you can get with out a lot of modding.

There is a pretty long thread over in the AP forum on repgeek, 4.1 vs V5 pretty comprehensive comparison of the flaws on each. might be a good idea to go over and read that one. Honestly, both are very good. Since AP's are pretty scarce out in the real world, I seriously doubt that you would ever have a problem with either one as far as being "called out". unless you happen to encounter an AP WIS who happens to have the identical genuine watch and a 5X loupe, you are not going to have to worry. I believe that a whole lot of the problems folks encounter with reps have more to do with the guy wearing the watch, rather than the watch itself. I've said this countless times, if you look and dress like the guy that can carry off a 22K watch, you will never be questioned, if you are an 18 year old college student driving a 10 year old beat up car, you are not going to be able to pull off a vintage Rolex Paul Newman Daytona. My first thought when I see someone like this is "That's a fake Rolex"!! Even though the guy may be wearing a genuine Rolex that his grandfather handed down to him, just about 100% of the folks who know watches will believe it's a replica until proven otherwise. Nice thing about AP's is they sort of fly under the radar, as they are not a brand with a lot of name recognition, so most folks won't have a clue as to what they are.

Very well said...!