When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is this a 6241?

ceejay

It could be a 6241. There was also a 6262 (or is it a 6264) with the 727 movement which also had the early style pump pushers.

One of the TDs might have that model w/ the Venus movement in it- is it Josh?

But I couldn't get into Josh's or Puretime's sites just now.

Yuki has a dial for the 72B/727 movement

http://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6380817/10005457.htm

Also, Yuki has the 6263 case

http://www.yukiwatch.com/catalog/item/6924997/7150081.htm

Used to be that you could get a DW case, but those are harder to come by these days

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DIY-CASE-FOR-ETA-7750-/231079288866?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=WOsgesUalyjJVfXT7WbUXWVrz5c%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

You could change the bezel on this case. But it's for a 7750 movement.

So your easiet deal would be to track down one of those vintage Daytonas with the Venus movement.

Mazzariol characterizes the 3-Color RC Daytona with black acrylic insert as 6241

As Alligoat suggested, though, it could just as easily be a 6264, depending on what's inside. Aside from the engravings between the lugs, I don't think there's a sure-fire way of distinguishing a 6241 from a 6264 by external appearances.

Tricky build, if you decide to pass on the out-of-the-box rep!

Mazzariol characterizes the 3-Color RC Daytona with black acrylic insert as 6241

Sorry I'm just too new to the vintage Rolex scene to know what this means, if you could break it down for me I would apreciate it.

I had a search of Josh's and it is listed there which was really a surprise to me as I didn't think it was an off the shop rep.

Now the description say's the old " best ever, blah..." I guess my first steps if I went this route would be a better dial and a Valijoux 72 movement to unfix the subdial hand @ 6.

Does anyone know if say a Yuki dial and V72 are a viable option for the Josh rep?

Lovely stuff, at least I'm getting somewhere with your help ;)

If you buy the Josh rep, don't plan on any mods- it's just for enjoyment.

You can't make a Josh Daytona into a V72.

I don't know the Yuki prices these days, but you're going to spend around $2500 to build a V72 powered Daytona like you have pictured.

V72s run around $1000 plus a service these days- so already you're at $1300

2.5k is better than I was thinking ;)

I have a few contacts in the vintage watch industry here in the UK so hopefully I can get a decent V72. 

I have my eye on a DW case but it has the screw down pushers. Any idea on the availability on the pump pushers and the whether they are interchangeable with the screw down?

The Yuki dial looks like a good deal including the handset ;)

Cheers.

You can contact DW thru ebay and see if he has the 6241 case for a V72.

I don't know if you can put a V72 in the 7750 case- but for $119, plus a bezel it's a cheap way to go, if it'll work.

Lots of people have built V72 Daytonas w/ the DW cases.

He used to have dials also, but things got a little screwy w/ DW a couple of years ago, so be careful!

Cheers for that, I think I have a plan(with your help) so will go off and look around for the correct parts, I'm in no hurry ;) I have read all about DW so know the risks, I will see how responsive he is through eBay.

It's just those pump pushers that I need to look into.