When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Planet Ocean Ceramic replica broken....

Obiwan76

I went to wind the watch today and it felt like it bound up. It has always had a "gritty" feel. It has the 2824-2 Swiss movement. I wouldn't force the crown. I tried to keniticly wind it and it belt like it freed the crown so I screwed it in and it just hasn't worked since. Any ideas? I contacted Andrew. I have had it 11months. I wear it every weekend or so and that is it.

Edited by Obiwan76

Anyone in the US that can work on it? Andrew isn't really giving the answers I like. I don't want months for a turn around time because my wife and I are planning on moving to Nevada in April. If anyone can fix this please let me know. After shaking it to try to wind it it released the crown and it spins freely and then catches. The gears are moving on the back, except the one that is gold and moves back and fourth to work the second hand. Please PM me your info, I'd like to call and explain what it does better. I will be happy to PayPal for fixing.

Send it to Rex the repairman... he's done solid work on my watches over the years.  Quick, dependable and honest.  And he's in the USA.

After 11 months, Andrew (I don't think) will/should support you.  Going forward, you should speak up immediately if there is an issue.

Does sound like a mainspring.

I need to contact Rex then. I honestly don't have the time to wait on Andrew. If we move it would be a disaster trying to get it back. I checked we didn't receive the watches until March so actually we had the 10 months. Almost to the day...

So now the question, who is Rex and how do I get in touch with him?

Edited by Obiwan76

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We'll it has been three months and Andrew still says the watch hasn't arrived. I need some advice, I will NOT buy another watch from Andrew. Out of five, three had issues. One DOA, one (Planet Ocean Ceramic) was plagued with problems from the get go, and a SMP that died after a year(and about 10 weekends of wear). These were all $300+ each. I am looking for another dealer. I am just frustrated with Andrew. I shipped it exactly like he said and now I am SOL.

Please let me know who you would recommend to buy one from... Thanks

• 7 months later...

Anyone in the US that can work on it? Andrew isn't really giving the answers I like. I don't want months for a turn around time because my wife and I are planning on moving to Nevada in April. If anyone can fix this please let me know. After shaking it to try to wind it it released the crown and it spins freely and then catches. The gears are moving on the back, except the one that is gold and moves back and fourth to work the second hand. Please PM me your info, I'd like to call and explain what it does better. I will be happy to PayPal for fixing.

That's whT you can expect from andrew from trusty time. He's a cowboy...