When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ROO Safari

• 1 month later...

Im bumping this thread because Im looking for a Safari as well.

I know the case is thicker because of the movement, I don't really care and the mods to get it thinner with another movement is too expensive for me.

I don't want to jack your thread OP, so Im sharing a bit of my knowledge what I found so far. Needed mods:

- AR on crystal + cyclops

- Edge custome datewheel

- Black date window outcut (maybe only on the v1??)

- Rounded pushers (maybe only on the v1??)

- Strap (Gen, APBands etc)

I am however worried about the movement. I know that 7750's secs @6 are no good, but what about @12? I did search, but did not found a very clear answer. Only that it is 'better'...

Im bumping this thread because Im looking for a Safari as well.

I know the case is thicker because of the movement, I don't really care and the mods to get it thinner with another movement is too expensive for me.

I don't want to jack your thread OP, so Im sharing a bit of my knowledge what I found so far. Needed mods:

- AR on crystal + cyclops

- Edge custome datewheel

- Black date window outcut (maybe only on the v1??)

- Rounded pushers (maybe only on the v1??)

- Strap (Gen, APBands etc)

I am however worried about the movement. I know that 7750's secs @6 are no good, but what about @12? I did search, but did not found a very clear answer. Only that it is 'better'...

And those are the easy fixes... to thick case and more!

I don't believe the edge DW will work with an A7750 movement. I think it's designed for a gen like movement and a genuine dial. he had talked at one point about making a DW for the A7750, but I don't believe that project ever got done. Correct me if I'm wrong.

AFA the sec @ 12, I also have gotten some conflicting info, some say the newer ones are Ok, some say they all need a service. Since you are in the Netherlands, It would be easy to get yours to Domi  for a service and the extra jewels added to the movement. I'm going to run mine 'til it stops and get it serviced. I have a Rubberclad being serviced now, because the powere reserve got so low, that it would barely last 12-15 hours. I'm getting the Cyclops AR'ed and lume as well.

Here is a Safari I just picked up in a M2M deal. haven't gotten it yet. It's been AR'ed, but no movement service.

post-327-0-03908700-1393788928_thumb.jpg

post-327-0-97788400-1393788957_thumb.jpg