When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD Swiss Movt Date Wheel Issues - ETA 2836

yousif1980

Hey guys,

I've had a DSSD that I purchased from Trusty a while back and Im having some issues with the movement that I want to pick your brain about.

For starters, this watch keeps epic time, I have sunced it to my phone a few times and monitored it and Im really impressed with how good it is.  Having said that, I have been noticing that the date wheel changes at about the 7 hour marker than the usual 12.  Som Im assuming that the date wheel moved but Im not sure how it can just slide like that.  The other weird thing that is happening, which started at the same time as the date whel issue, is that I would look at the watch in the morning and the hour/minute hands seem stuck at the point where the date wheel is switching (about the 5-7 hour marker) and the seconds hand is still going.  Not until I manually move the hour hand to change the date over to the next day that the watch functions correctly again, until of course the next morning.

Any thoughts?

Also, who do you recommend to service Rolexes on the forum? I live in Canada but I wouldnt mind shipping it to a passionate perfectionist to breath a new life into it.  I just bought a new bezel insert from Toro as well since I lost the pearl on mine - for the second time!

Fady

Ive repaired many of those. seems to be a common problem

Would be nice if you shared the actual issue you repaired mate?

I came across a similar issue, and it was the calendar gear pinion has broken of the main plate.