When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Losing time

martijnp

Hi guys,

A very generous member gave me his Breitling Navitimer because he didn't wear it anymore. It's a one year old watch and it's bought from Trusty. I think it's a 7750 but I'm not sure because i'm still a complete noob regarding machanics/movements. The second hand should stand stil at 12 but it runs. Also the sec at 9 runs. The pushers doesn't work, I think it's missing something and that's why the pushers don't work. The watch is also losing time, how can I fix this? I enclosed a picture of the movement.

Thanks in advance!

ti97.jpg

Curious if it's loosing time since the main spring can't provide enought power to run both the movement (time) and the chronograph? Have you tried either keeping it on a winder or manually winding it to give it as much of a wind as possible and see if it is still loosing time?

Curious if it's loosing time since the main spring can't provide enought power to run both the movement (time) and the chronograph? Have you tried either keeping it on a winder or manually winding it to give it as much of a wind as possible and see if it is still loosing time?

Thanks for your reply! I had the watch on my wrist for a whole day and was already losing time, set the time right and put it in the winder and when I woke up it was running behind again.. 

Yes that's the A7750

Unfortunately a advanced movement to work on, there is at least 1 piece missing that I can see and if you look at your picture, at the 1 o'clock position above that red circle half of that screw head is missing.

The chances of an inexperienced person repairing that (if you can get the parts) is almost zero.

A watch running slowly can be for a number of reasons again none of which a inexperienced person would be able to repair on that movement.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but it will probably be cheaper and easier to put in a new movement.

If you do then have a play with the movement to get some experience of it.

Yes that's the A7750

Unfortunately a advanced movement to work on, there is at least 1 piece missing that I can see and if you look at your picture, at the 1 o'clock position above that red circle half of that screw head is missing.

The chances of an inexperienced person repairing that (if you can get the parts) is almost zero.

A watch running slowly can be for a number of reasons again none of which a inexperienced person would be able to repair on that movement.

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but it will probably be cheaper and easier to put in a new movement.

If you do then have a play with the movement to get some experience of it.

Thanks for the comment and thank you for verifying it's a 7750!  The screw your talking about isn't missing but it's broken, the half of the top is on it but the screw is actually in the movement :p

Can I put in every A7750 movement? If I search on the bay I see some from 200 - 800 usd.. Here on RWG where some A7750 movements for 200 usd. Buying the movement and sending it to a good watchmaker might be the best solution here. Thanks again Ceejay! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I've got the movement running, it's not losing time anymore! (don't know what I did though :p)

The chronograph is still running all the time, I want to stop it but I don't know how because I miss a part. To be specific: Part # CS 55.041 is what I have circled.  It is missing the end of the lever that depresses the "start/stop" on the chronograph cam (part # CS 55.200). 

This is what Mikemcnair said, he helped me out this far :)