When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What grit to refinish 002 CG leaver ?

altesporsche

Im in the process of putting my 002 back together with a dial from Rolf.  The trouble i'm having is that the previous owner of my Gen case and CG polished the bead finish on the outside of my leaver but leaving the inside untouched thank god. 

So my question is ... what sort of media or grit have others used for that fine bead finish of these leavers ? 

thanks !

C

but 800 to 1200 will give me a semi polished look. the levers on these are micro-bead blasted for a satin finish..  but if your sure about it ill give it a shot   : P just with sand paper you will always have directional lines or spiderwebbing in satin bushed finish. I used to use that method to hold lubricant on induction chrome rod in large hydraulic cylinders I cant see it giving the effect of the blasted satin finish. 

ahh yes ! good ole amazon : ) I didnt think of that but I will look but ill have to figure out their purchasing process as I tried today to order some books and after an hour of trying to checkout on amazon.ca i gave up lol ..

So grim this is the process you use ?   do you go any higher than 1200 ? I have some 1500 and 2000 etc but i dont have 1200 ..  looks like a trip to Crapytire (Canadiantire) is in my future for tomorrow morning.