When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Seeking a 1675 bezel ring. what should I pay?

irolexu

I am looking for an original 1675 bezel ring/washer/insert. not necessarily looking for the combo but I am really needing the ring most importantly. What should I expect to pay for the ring alone or combo deal and of course if you have one please come forward with it!! thanks guys!

A friend of mine with an old 1675 lost his bezel, it wore and got too loose, and popped off.  He refused to pay any kind of big money for genuine parts, so I ordered just the bezel/insert from CWP.  

It looked pretty good, but would not stay on his gen ring, it was too loose.  I wound up ordering the set (ring/bezel/spring/insert) and it went together just fine.

I think at the time we decided there are different sizes for delivered gen parts, and they don't necessarily go together.  'Course this was years and many sips of akkevit ago.........

Genuine rotating bezels may not work to perfection every time on a used genuine inner bezel. In order for everything to fit correctly you really need a new genuine crystal, inner bezel, and rotating bezel. This = a lot of $$ at today's silly prices.

I have a genuine 1675 with mia rotating bezel and put a ST rotating bezel on it using the original inner bezel. It snapped on fine but was too loose without the friction washer and too tight with it so I sanded the washer down using 1000 wet or dry sandpaper on a piece of glass in running water. It finally fit Ok but still had a few tight spots so I put a gob of Simichrome polish between the rotating bezel and inner bezel and ran it around about 400 times while pushing down on the bezel and it smoothed out just fine. Do not turn the bezel very much while pulling up on it because this will wear the edges off the bezels and the rotating bezel will fall off if you bump it against a door frame etc.

Nothing is easy.

The ST bezel looks good and the genuine insert snapped in like it should.

Your mileage may vary as not every inner/outer bezel combo will work.

That was ultimately my decision; in the end the complete set installed quickly, looked fine, and worked as expected. The guy I got it for was pleased as punch and it was very reasonably priced too.

If it was for my personal watch I might have gone for gen parts, knowing the potential frustration involved. Having just come off an 18 month build..... yeah the aftermarket kit looks pretty good.