When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what movement is this

rexplorer82

ETA 2834-2  the main plate and balance assembly are gen at least. This is not to say that parts in it have not been replaced with Asian parts 

The 2834 has Day/Date @ 12 oclock position, 2836 has Day/Date @ 3. 

If it's all gen and running well then value is around 60-80 Euros IMO

I dont understand are you thinking of selling the movement or keeping it, to me it looks like an old used swiss movement but as it has been said may contain asian parts 

its from 2009 im selling the watch yes

I don't think he's trying to backdoor a sale (I hope he isn't anyway!!) I believe he wants to get his ducks in a row about the movement before he sells the watch. Worst thing that can happen is he lists it with a genuine Swiss ETA movement, someone buys it opens the back, takes one look and then posts that he was cheated by the seller because it has a "crappy" Asian copy movement. Just saw this happen on the sales forum a few days ago where the seller posted photos, thought the movement was ETA, seller who bought the watch probably had next morning buyers remorse and told the seller the movement was not an ETA. The seller luckily hadn't posted the watch, so he refunded the buyer, rather than start a big brouhaha over the movement. Better to post photos and let the experts chime in especially if you don't know what you have.

• 2 weeks later...