When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

To relume or not to relume?

ogladio

Thanks guys for the feedback! No, can't blame the question on narcotics or other substances :drunk:

Know it's one of the golden rule of gen dials to always avoid refinishing if not totally beaten up (another gold rule being not to snip off dial feet). To the story however goes that the dial at the same price as say an NDT. The seller insisted on having it sent over to Michael Young. which I kindly turned down - to get some time to gather thoughts and review options. When I got the dial I was however surprised how much I liked it as-is.

Although this, I just don't know if that missing marker at 4 will be irritating and taking focus from the rest of the watch. On the other hand, if relumed - will I spend most of my days regretting that the original lume is gone forever..?   :g:

And yes dbane - case should look familiar to you and a crew of other guys here ;)

Getting a service dial sounds like a good option. I personaly would get crazy with the issue of the 4 o'clock marker.

Btw looking at your realizes me how close the mystery modders was with his grainly tritium likr lume.

Wear it in good heath.

Cats

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Tapatalk Pro