When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

maranez decima mas

mellons

It's getting bad. Ever since i saw the ennebi decima mas i liked the case. I have looked at the shapes on and off for some time, checked the piggy bank and come back disappointed. 

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f7/introducing-decima-mas-watches-26438.html

Then came esdee's mille metri which cast a long shadow over all ennebis...

Fast forward to 2013 and Maranez release the Bangla, very similar to the decima mas. Also as the bronze mille metri is the only variant i haven't owned (there are others now also!) I decided to go for the brass bangla.

It arrives and boy it was a beast- here is is on its stock strap weighing in against river's steel mille metri

mbanglaa_zps1ddfe476.jpg

mmbgla2_zpsb94970d9.jpg

mmvsbngla10_zps140fc31f.jpg

one disappointment is the bezel is more conservative: unidirectional but is firm and beefy. Here is the naked mechanism:

mmbgla3_zpsdf7eb1d8.jpg

The bangla comes nicely packaged with 2 buckles, s2 straps and a very nice thick rubber "isofrane" type strap also. I had a nice 24mm one ready to go and a bronze sub-buckle so off with the stock ones! Also i wanted to patinate the case so tried liver of suplur... 2 hours very little so had to resort to more drastic alchemy. Here is the patinated case with strap and buckle:

b1_zps5ab3667b.jpg

b2_zps3e431ee1.jpg

bglaw2_zpseb6ed502.jpg

Barely on one hour the image and the ennebi started to haunt once again. It's at this point you realise you have a problem- new watch in less than a day ad it's being taken apart. Anyway managed to get a few hours on my own (rarity) and..... The Maranez Decima mas was born!!!! Probably as close as I will get to the original for a few years...

Here is patinated finished reshape

rawreshape1_zps3d51f3d6.jpg

patoinareshape1_zps358a4af0.jpg

wristie_zps1d1574e0.jpg

mdcoffwrist_zps0c876c1d.jpg

WRISTIE

MDECIMAWRISTIE_zpsb33d5202.jpg
  • Like 1