When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW case update...

automatico

Confession:

I have a grand total of 8 assorted DW cases for projects etc, four '5513' and four '1680' (I hear you laughing).

I just wanted to say this:

They all are the same internally...all are made for a 1570/75 DATE movement and 26.5mm dial. In reality there is no DW '5513' case, at least in the examples I have. I tried a 1570/75 with genuine 26.5mm 1680 dial in every one and they are all the same.

I also tried a 1520 with a 26.0mm Yuki '5513' dial and in every case the dial does not touch the bottom side of the 26.0mm dial seat for two reasons:

1...The dial and dial window opening are the same size (26.0mm).

2...The dial mounts below the dial seat in the case and does not touch it..

The cases are machined to hold the movement in place without the 26.0mm '5513' dial touching the dial seat. The 26.5mm 1680 dial with thicker 1570/75 movement fits into the case as it should with the dial touching the dial seat.

Some of the mid cases are a bit thicker than others but all are the same internally...they all are 1680 spec cases. I have been at war with these cases for two years and finally took the time to try movements in all of them.

They are still good for 1570/75 1680 and Eta projects with the addition of a Clark/ST bezel kit and crystal plus a good case tube/crown combo.

I still hear you laughing...  :rofl: