When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken just awaking from cosmetic surgery. Dr. Domi

After a couple of months sitting in presurgery. The much awaited result. New case, case polished, re drilled crown, Double AR, Case and gaskets thinned, Movement Serviced.

Id love for some OCD, watch freak, nut job to spot some dust or anything before Domi ships it back.

post-11900-0-29059000-1393620078_thumb.j

post-11900-0-52830300-1393620083_thumb.j

post-11900-0-85912400-1393620096_thumb.j

post-11900-0-32933600-1393620108_thumb.j

post-11900-0-32352600-1393620123_thumb.j

post-11900-0-46835300-1393620132_thumb.j

post-11900-0-40291300-1393620139_thumb.j

post-11900-0-11515800-1393620149_thumb.j

Folex is this you!? Come on man you should know.

gen dial
gen tachymeter bezel
gen hands
Schwarz Etienne movement (swiss ETA 2892-2 + gen Dubois-Depraz module)
double AR cyclop
double AR crystal
recessed crown position
thinner caseback
Correct shape chrono pushers

I would have to agree, everything else looks very nice, but the crown is crooked and off center. I would be very critical at this point, as you have spent a ton of money on this rep, and that will drive you crazy if you accept it like that.

No pun intended, but I would put this patient back to sleep and redo that part of the operation!!

Definitely appreciate the comments guys. I originally sent this watch in for a straight crown. I sent a donor aproo + the franken and about 900 euros. Domi is a pro I'm sure he'll straighten it out.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

So, he has another case to work with if this one isn't fixable? This could be a lovely watch if that problem gets resolved. WOW 900 Euros!! Did that include any parts, or is that just his price to do the mods?

900 euro's???????? My franken work was 300 euro's! More work and less money! Damn... Will work on my franken thread tomorrow :).

Are you perchance going into the "modding for outsiders business"? ;)

Never got a response back about the 900 Euros whether that included parts, but unless there are a coupler of significant parts included in that price, that's and awful lot of money for modding a watch.

The original crown was crooked so I sent him a whole aproo for the case mod which was 585 euros. Including polish and satin, polish screws, rounded pushers, AR Crystal,  Movement service was an additional 250 Euros.  I trust Domi for his work and pay the fees because he's worth it to me. I know its damned expensive

The original crown was crooked so I sent him a whole aproo for the case mod which was 585 euros. Including polish and satin, polish screws, rounded pushers, AR Crystal,  Movement service was an additional 250 Euros.  I trust Domi for his work and pay the fees because he's worth it to me. I know its damned expensive

Thanks,

I was just wondering what the 900 Euros comprised? Certainly is worth it if the work is exceptional, which from what I've seen here and over on RepGeek, is pretty darn good. even the masters make a "boo boo" every now and then. It just need to be corrected, and you will have a beautiful watch, as good as it gets outside and AP dealer!!