When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which dealer

B12b12

Hi

I am a pretty new to this

I have bought from silix perfect clones and trusty

The later two do always seem to be so much more expensive than silix

What's the deal ? Are silix high end reps inferior to josh and Andrew ?

If I am asking a question that gets asked over and over please nuke

Steve

I have seen different prices on the same watches from different trusted dealers I find trusty a bit under puretime on most things (same watches) but PT has a larger selection, go figure. Go check out Toro and Supermirrors want to see some differences big dealers watches same same if you know how to match them up.

Have to be careful as a noobie to you it might look like the same watch (they both say Rolex on the dial what gives?). But the "same watch" will be made by many different factories and each at varying level of build. Be careful and make sure that the watches at either dealer your looking at are truly the same.

There's the BP factory, N (Noob) factory, H factory, ZF factory and others. These are the "name brand" factories if you will. Each might have different levels of the same watch so just be aware. There's variations in the movement Asian clone vs swiss ETA vs swiss Sellitas and even cheapie using what the rep industry just calls 21j. Sometimes the quality is the same just different movements but not always.

It took me forever to realize that there were different factories and I can only spot the difference on some of the reps, it's confusing so be glad you found us and ask questions well try to be as helpful as we can. The best advice is to search around and read, a lot. Once you've found what watch your after (Omega PO 42mm ceramic) for instance you can narrow it down by maker and then movement.