When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Strap options for AP ROO RGRC

I would like to replace the rubber strap on my RGRC ROO with a Black Horn back. I see lots of options from different makers, but I need some pro input. Which makers use a plastic or metal insert in the strap where it attaches to the watch. I'm don't believe an OM Strap is and option, as I wouldn't know where to buy one, and I'm far away from an AP Boutique or AD.

All suggestions and ideas are greatly appreciated.

I'd stick to AP Bands. There are several black oem bands on eBay. Quality is miles above anything aftermarket unless you go to apb in Paris.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I'd stick to AP Bands. There are several black oem bands on eBay. Quality is miles above anything aftermarket unless you go to apb in Paris.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I personally think APBands straps are overpriced for what they are. I have ordered about 4 to date for my gens before I discovered the likes of Donerix and Jacob.. the quality could be inconsistent, and so is the fitting.. they do not fit snug 100% of the time, so be aware. 

I agree with you on the quality of the OEM hornback. Top shelf stuff all the way. :)

Other than OEM, I would recommend Jacob and Donerix, the quality of the Jacob hornback strap is very close to OEM. Donerix is another very good choice as well, and I use both fairly regularly.   

Nice to know, thanks. I'm really torn between different makers. A lot of folks love AP Bands, but I saw some bad reviews on the Breitling forum on WUS, and personally, I ordered 2 sets of strap screws from them on March 4th, and didn't hear anything from them until I emailed them on Friday, got a response last night and a tracking number today. Pretty slow for two sets of screws that were supposed to be in stock!! I have a shark diver strap from Donerix, and it's pretty nice, but he doesn't use inserts in his strap ends, so I really don't know how they will hold up over time. I have a HKTan Horn Back on my Safari, it's also nice, but it seems pretty stiff, and it also doesn't have inserts. No experience with any other strap makers thus far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a shark diver strap from Donerix, and it's pretty nice, but he doesn't use inserts in his strap ends, so I really don't know how they will hold up over time.

I have a Donerix shark strap (for HBB though) too, and besides the missing inserts it does not fit well, 1mm too wide at the watch case and 2mm (!) too wide at the deployant.

Sounds like you might have a BBK strap and not a HBB. If you want you can PM me and I can see what I can do.

Yes, indeed I do have a BBK strap, but the watch is a BBK too (my fault) so it certainly should fit. However, as I own as well HBBs as a BBK I just compared the original straps and they are 100% the same size anyway.

Yes, indeed I do have a BBK strap, but the watch is a BBK too (my fault) so it certainly should fit. However, as I own as well HBBs as a BBK I just compared the original straps and they are 100% the same size anyway.

Nope, the BBK straps and the BB straps (genuine or rep) are definitely different in measurements. 

If you find them to be identical, then one of your watches have got the wrong sized straps fitted on. 

Nope, the BBK straps and the BB straps (genuine or rep) are definitely different in measurements. 

If you find them to be identical, then one of your watches have got the wrong sized straps fitted on. 

The straps of the HBB and the BBK (44mm) are exactly the same. You should keep in mind there is a BBK 44mm and a BBK 48mm.

The straps of the HBB and the BBK (44mm) are exactly the same. You should keep in mind there is a BBK 44mm and a BBK 48mm.

Oh yes, my bad. The BBK 44mm strap and HBB straps are indeed the same. I did forget that there is a 44mm BBK, pardon me. 

Anyway, I hope you have it sorted out with Donerix via PM.

I consider Eric to be a friend and I have ordered a few straps from him, all of which turned out to be of exemplary quality.

Inserts are not mandatory requirements when defining a strap as excellent. I think it is more a matter of personal preference.

Eric has also, on an occasion and at his own time and expense, rectify a strap for me that was made wrongly due to a wrong set of measurements which I have provided him.

I cannot find a strapmaker with better customer service, and the friendship grew from the business (not the other way!) :)

I would agree as well, Eric has been around the forum for a long time, and is a valuable contributing member as well as a really good strapmaker. He also tells a mean story. I wish someone could resurrect his old thread about the  Che Guevara Rolex GMT Master. It was so believable, most of us were sure Eric didn't have the watch !! Need to try to find that one. And being from Nicaragua, didn't hurt the story any.

Hmmm... ok that might do it. Which e-mail-address do you use?

hamiltonleather@gmail.com.

Also, may I kindly suggest you edit the post you made about his straps being x mm wide at the lugs and buckle?

I actually know what happened there.

He is a strapmaker here and if you have any problems with him, PM is the way to communicate, as a way of courtesy.

Don't make his craftsmanship and products look bad, especially if you are going to seek his help. Makes sense? :)

Hmmm... ok that might do it. Which e-mail-address do you use?

hamiltonleather@gmail.com.

Also, may I kindly suggest you edit the post you made about his straps being x mm wide at the lugs and buckle?

I actually know what happened there.

He is a strapmaker here and if you have any problems with him, PM is the way to communicate, as a way of courtesy.

Don't make his craftsmanship and products look bad, especially if you are going to seek his help. Makes sense? :)