When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Problems with PAYPAL ?

altesporsche

Hey fellas, just wondering if anyone else is having problems with paypal ? for the past two days i have been getting this error mesg : 

"The PayPal site is currently experiencing technical difficulties. We are working to solve this problem as quickly as possible. Please return to the PayPal website later to complete your transaction. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

Run an anti virus scan.

Check your 'hosts' file hasn't been corrupted

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

Open it with Notepad and look for any entries that have the name paypal, in Windows 7 and Vista the hosts file just has a load of comment lines (a comment line is one that starts with a '#'), there shouldn't be any other lines that don't start with a hash.

hmm it could be the gift thing for sure.. I never really thought of that as i've never had that problem but Ive heard a lot of others that have, ill try again.  

fraggle42 Im a Mac fella :p I dont have the same problems as the windows based OS, but i sometimes regret switching everything to mac lol its a pain in the ass for just about everything i use a computer for. 

Thanks fellas!

I sent a PayPal gift payment yesterday, no problem. I have noticed that PayPal has gotten smarter on the gift payments, they are charging a fee if the payment isn't from your PayPal account, or a bank account. 

Have you seen where Carl Icahn is trying to split up the Ebay/PayPal conglomerate in to two separate companies. Don't really know what if any impact it would have on PayPal at all.

I sent a PayPal gift payment yesterday, no problem. I have noticed that PayPal has gotten smarter on the gift payments, they are charging a fee if the payment isn't from your PayPal account, or a bank account. 

Have you seen where Carl Icahn is trying to split up the Ebay/PayPal conglomerate in to two separate companies. Don't really know what if any impact it would have on PayPal at all.

That's the first smart thing I've seen Icahn do. Imo if you provide the services of a bank you should be regulated like one.