When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

196 problem...

baltic

I've got a 7750 mvmt 196 Daylight that's been working fine (followed The Zigmeister's instructions to the letter for past three months) until now. I stopped the chrono and pushed the bottom re-set button today however the chrono second hand and chrono minute counter won't re-set... :thumbdown:

Any ideas folks?

Is this the end of the daylight??

Does it need a new engine???

From reading your commnts, I have to assume that the seconds hand does indeed STOP when you press the top pusher, and that you can Start it again by repressing?

If the top pusher works and starts and stops the chrono that means the hammer reset spring is most likely broken.

Does anything rattle around in the case? If yes, then don't use the watch, as you will damage it. Broken pieces and movements dont' mix.

If the top pusher does NOT start and stop the chrono, then the problem is the pusher spring that has come off the pusher arm, less of a problem, but still requires opening the case and fixing it.

In either case, it does not mean a new engine, but simply a small fix...

RG

question :

is it better from time to time to use the chrono?

or

is it ok not to use the chrono at all?

what can happen if i don't use the chrono at all?

i am asking this because i know what can happen if i use the chrono...something that happend to some of the owners of the 196 rep...like baltic!

tnx for answering

I have an old one with the original asian 7750, and it's over 1 year old now. I use the chrono 10 times a day, 3 days a week when I wear the watch, never a problem...

If you want to know all the details on this model, plse review my 3 series in the repair and upgrade subforum, under "Ziggy Zone", there is a 3 part series that explains in detail how the 7750 works, once you read this, you will know everything I do about this movement.

RG