When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question regarding replica

dornirit

Hey, when it says in a replica description Movement - 

Asian 2824 clone 25J automatic movement at 28800vph(decorated same as genuine)

or

Japanese MIYOTA 9015 24J automatic movement at 28800vph (Same stability as Swiss ETA movements)

whats better to buy? whats gonna last longer? what would look better? 

thanks! :)

The Miyota cal.9015 is the more established movement of the two, as per what Toro implied. It is used somewhat prevalently in Citizen watches, and reputated to be a workhorse.

It is also built to be a direct competitor vs the ETA2824, a well established movement used commonly in a lot of genuine brand automatic watches, and supposedly in quite a few reps. If I am not wrong, you must be considering the AP divers. The Miyota seems to be used only in the fantasy model with the black (rubber? Ceramic? DLC?) bezel with the titanium casing. That is a lovely looking piece by the way.  

The Miyota cal.9015 is the more established movement of the two, as per what Toro implied. It is used somewhat prevalently in Citizen watches, and reputated to be a workhorse.

It is also built to be a direct competitor vs the ETA2824, a well established movement used commonly in a lot of genuine brand automatic watches, and supposedly in quite a few reps. If I am not wrong, you must be considering the AP divers. The Miyota seems to be used only in the fantasy model with the black (rubber? Ceramic? DLC?) bezel with the titanium casing. That is a lovely looking piece by the way.  

thanks everyone! 

and yes you remember correctly I was looking at the fantasy model.

but now I'm thinking about this one -

http://www.pureti.me/product/royal-oak-41mm-15400-11-best-edition-black-dial-on-black-leather-strap-a2824/

though it comes only with the Asian dial.

is that bad? or will it still work perfectly ?

thanks.

I think you mean Asian movement? The A2824 clone has so far served me rather well and honestly to me as a wearer, it has functioned perfectly well in terms of start up, time keeping capability and power reserve (over 40hrs). Of course, as per any other movement, ETA or not, it must be cleaned, oiled and regulated before it can be expected to perform optimally.

So yes if you like the watch, you can be assured the A2824 clone is a nice choice. Don't hold back on account that it has an "Asian" movement. To be technical, the Miyota is an Asian movement too. Just from a different part of Asia. ;)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

I think you mean Asian movement? The A2824 clone has so far served me rather well and honestly to me as a wearer, it has functioned perfectly well in terms of start up, time keeping capability and power reserve (over 40hrs). Of course, as per any other movement, ETA or not, it must be cleaned, oiled and regulated before it can be expected to perform optimally.

So yes if you like the watch, you can be assured the A2824 clone is a nice choice. Don't hold back on account that it has an "Asian" movement. To be technical, the Miyota is an Asian movement too. Just from a different part of Asia. ;)

Sent from Mars using tapatalk

thank you so much! you always help!!!! 

Hi, coming in a bit late if You´re going for the AP 15400 with the display caseback it´s really worth to prefer the more expensive movement Myota 9015 it looks much, really much better and it´s worth the difference. Have compared it thoroughly to my BP version with Swiss ETA and it´s nicer when buying new. This watch is made special by the unique SS bracelet it comes with, would get that one too.

http://www.pureti.me/product/royal-oak-41mm-15400-11-best-edition-silver-dial-on-ss-bracelet-miyota9015/

AP2014011003-11_enl.JPG