When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another proud owner of a TC 16610 V6

evenflow

I am now the proud owner of a TC 16610 V6 - Yes another proud owner. This is my first rep I have ever purchased and I am not disappointed what so ever. TC is a pleasure to deal with and an absolute professional at what he does. Knowing what I know now I wouldn't hesitate to trust TC with my hard earned dollars. That being said - I'll start with a little watch background. My current genuine watch collection is a Tag 1887 first issue, Tag Monaco - Steve McQueen LE and an Omega Speedmaster Moon Watch - Apollo 15 LE. I have been wanting a vintage Rolex for some time, and although this is not a real one It feels great on the wrist. The moment I placed my order with TC I located a Gen bezel insert still in its blister pack from a very reputable source. I forked over the nearly $175 (over seas shipping included) and the wait began. TC has to build these, so you're not getting it overnighted to you or anything like that. I now believe that the wait helps with the desire - I'm a guy. Within hours of receiving the watch (about 4-6 weeks after placing order) I had installed the new gen insert and sized it for my wrist. Everything went very smooth as the watch is very well built. I'm on day three with my new watch and have received many compliments on its condition, being a vintage Rolex. Not a single one, not even my co-workers with gen 16610's, thought it was fake. This of course is partly because they have shopped with me for my Gen watches.... And mostly because TC's amazing attention to detail. Very proud of this addition and hopefully this will help satiate my growing watch appetite for a little bit - - doubtful.

I forgot to mention - this is with the new TC 93250 V5 braclet

Lets see if I can get images to load - I'm new

Watch as it was shipped

post-57198-0-67808700-1395429670_thumb.j

Watch with Gen Insert to compare

post-57198-0-63102100-1395429743_thumb.j

With TC Insert

post-57198-0-44984900-1395430171_thumb.j

With Gen Insert

post-57198-0-24426800-1395430158_thumb.j

The rest are with Gen Bezel Insert in

post-57198-0-20222200-1395429923_thumb.j

post-57198-0-83173200-1395429931_thumb.j

post-57198-0-42786200-1395429977_thumb.j

post-57198-0-11869200-1395430100_thumb.j

post-57198-0-06369600-1395430109_thumb.j

Very nice watch! I have the same with gen insert and just received a gen AR'd crystal which is amazing. Soon place an order for the v5 93250. The bracelet looks nicely sunken and the SEL seems to be great! Enjoy and TC is definitely a pleasure to deal with and the wait is well worth it :)

Thanks for the crystal image sputim - I'm doomed to locate one of those now. This is a sickness isn't it.

I wonder if medical insurance will pay for rep watches like methadone for heroin addicts

(I'm not actually sure that insurance companies pay for methadone either)

• Like 1

Thanks for the crystal image sputim - I'm doomed to locate one of those now. This is a sickness isn't it.

I wonder if medical insurance will pay for rep watches like methadone for heroin addicts

(I'm not actually sure that insurance companies pay for methadone either)

Evenflow welcome to the board and I am sure you are one who will stay! Yes, it is very addicting and very very expensive.. :bangin:  The good thing about Rolex parts is that they won't lose their value. Moreover, if you are lucky and keep things in good conditions you could sell the stuff for more if you need the money. The tc crystal is totally fine so no hurry but if you get a good deal I wouldn't reject it. But be careful and double check it here on the forum since many people sell fake crystals on the bay and it's so hard to tell them apart just from looking at pictures. I was pretty lucky with mine ;)

First, as I see slot of v6 lately, TC seems to have fixed the over size mag. This one showing looks 2.5x .

BUT, looks like tc is being lazy at his Dwo. This is high position, and the other one shower by sputim is left adjusted.

For mine only some days are left adjusted but most of it is perfectly centered. The problem is the dwo v3 which is very very hard to position 100% correctly and I am sure he does best as he can and even possible. Hopefully the v4 is finally fixing this issue and for all who are perfectionists the option is there to order a dwo v4 and have it perfectly centered by a watchmaker or on its own (which is very very very oh I forgot very hard ) ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I would also like to know.

TC is not a dealer. He is a watch enthusiast who made it his personal mission to design and build a top-flight Rolex Submariner replica, just for the challenge of making it the best available.

He worked with China factories to produce parts to his designs, and he hand-assembles each watch from parts (when they arrive)

Very nice watch! I have the same with gen insert and just received a gen AR'd crystal which is amazing. Soon place an order for the v5 93250. The bracelet looks nicely sunken and the SEL seems to be great! Enjoy and TC is definitely a pleasure to deal with and the wait is well worth it :)

Hey Sputim need your help :unknw: Just sent my TC V6 off to have gen crystal installed. Should I go for the vintage look with LEC only ooooorrrrr update it with the LEC AR'd crystal like yours? Do you think the AR is worth the extra $60 or so. Any help from you and the other gents would be greatly appreciated! Sorry to jack ya thread Evenflow btw enjoy that TC V6 to the max!

Hey Sputim need your help :unknw: Just sent my TC V6 off to have gen crystal installed. Should I go for the vintage look with LEC only ooooorrrrr update it with the LEC AR'd crystal like yours? Do you think the AR is worth the extra $60 or so. Any help from you and the other gents would be greatly appreciated! Sorry to jack ya thread Evenflow btw enjoy that TC V6 to the max!

I definitely think it is worth the extra money. First I thought the crystal without AR'd cyclops is awesome but once you have one of each side by side the difference is huge. Personally I would go for the AR'd one but in the end it is also a subjective decision ;)