When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GMT Master II - Alum Pepsi Bez - Correct Handstack - WHERE ARE YOU?

GWP123

That one is the ICHS, but more reliable. Why not build or buy a 1675? It's hand stack is the same. Both the gen Rolex movement and the ETA use the same hand stack.

The 16750, like mine above and the 16710 use different movements with a different hand stack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That one is the ICHS, but more reliable. Why not build or buy a 1675? It's hand stack is the same. Both the gen Rolex movement and the ETA use the same hand stack.

The 16750, like mine above and the 16710 use different movements with a different hand stack.

So you are saying that the Gen 1675 has the GMT hand at the bottom like the rep? If so, would you recommend this as a good buy? http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=8348 Thanks again for your help

Actually scratch that, looks like the crownguards are too stubby

Edited by GWP123

So you are saying that the Gen 1675 has the GMT hand at the bottom like the rep? If so, would you recommend this as a good buy? http://www.ttw888.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=8348 Thanks again for your help

Yes the 1675 and it's predecessor the 6542 both had the same handstack, from the bottom, GMT, hour, minute, seconds. That's why you can use and ETA 2846 or 2836, 2893-2 or a DG 3804 to build the 1675 and have the correct hand stack. Only difference is all of these ETA movements have and adjustable GMT hand, the 6542 and the 1675 have non adjustable tracking GMT hands, so you have to turn the bezel to get the 2nd Time zone. You can remove the adjustment mechanism (freeze the GMT hand) on these movements to make them look and perform exactly like the old 1675.

Yes the 1675 and it's predecessor the 6542 both had the same handstack, from the bottom, GMT, hour, minute, seconds. That's why you can use and ETA 2846 or 2836, 2893-2 or a DG 3804 to build the 1675 and have the correct hand stack. Only difference is all of these ETA movements have and adjustable GMT hand, the 6542 and the 1675 have non adjustable tracking GMT hands, so you have to turn the bezel to get the 2nd Time zone. You can remove the adjustment mechanism (freeze the GMT hand) on these movements to make them look and perform exactly like the old 1675.

awesome. this is extremely helpful. I am now in search of a 1675 instead of the 16710. I just need to find it! Thanks again

The 1675 is easy if you use a 21j since they have the correct hand stack. I have heard bad things about the 2836 with the CHS. They are not heralded as being very reliable.

Mine has been running like a champ for 2+ years now. I just went and looked at the build thread over at repgeek (I posted it here as well but a lot of links are broken) and it was April of 2012, and the watch was several months old already by then.

I've searched far and wide and can't seem to find this! Does anyone know where to buy a GMT Master II, old aluminum pepsi bezel, with correct handstack??? Key is the correct handstack. 

Where the heck is this watch?

8ba0e646.jpg

I built one, and as far as I know it's the only one that exists.

100_4690.jpg

Mine has been running like a champ for 2+ years now. I just went and looked at the build thread over at repgeek (I posted it here as well but a lot of links are broken) and it was April of 2012, and the watch was several months old already by then.

A pretty small sample size if you ask me. I'm glad that it's working well for you. I assume that if dealers will not offer them that A. they aren't reliable or B. they aren't cost effective

A pretty small sample size if you ask me. I'm glad that it's working well for you. I assume that if dealers will not offer them that A. they aren't reliable or B. they aren't cost effective

That makes no sense, because the seconds @ 6 7750 models (Daytona, IWC Portu, etc) have been selling for years.

It's not A or B, it's C: most people don't know the difference between the CHS and ICHS versions, so they don't care, so they don't buy the CHS. Low demand is the reason why models go out of production.

PS: I have two, the GMT IIc is working great as well.

Edited by sneed12

That makes no sense, because the seconds @ 6 7750 models (Daytona, IWC Portu, etc) have been selling for years.

It's not A or B, it's C: most people don't know the difference between the CHS and ICHS versions, so they don't care, so they don't buy the CHS. Low demand is the reason why models go out of production.

PS: I have two, the GMT IIc is working great as well.

If reliability or cost is not an issue, then why even produce a model with the ICHS? An honest question because I genuinely don't understand why they would produce the ICHS model instead.