When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is Trusty Time a scam website

fabe51

Just curious if it's possible to get this watch anywhere with an automatic movement? wouldn't be less problematic and more convenient than the 7750?

I didn't wind it, just twirled if a few times on my rest and that seemed to o the trick, until about an hour ago when i noticed it had stopped at 7pm (now 9pm).

Edited by Quadrant6

Automatic movement = mechanical movement with autowinding system = the one you have.

If you're referring to quartz... well... Maybe you can find models that you like, but unless they've microstepper quartz, their seconds hand will tick and it's really really a tell of a low quality not gen watch...

Moreover quartz will practically always have the mineral glass, yours is real sapphire with AR treatment. Like comparing the chocolate with [censored]...

Anyway you CAN wind it. Just be careful and don't be too fast with your fingers, that's it.

No, that's not usual. 20 winds is half the complete power reserve and even if you didn't move yesterday it should run for 24 hours with that.

Keep in mind: it's not the best way to wind an A7750 manually. Normally you give a stopped A7750 2-3 winds and/or some swirls and the automatic should do the rest for you over the day. Possibly you don't move enough during the day so it isn't wound up enough. But I think your main problem will be your heart and your health if you move so few... :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, it's odd. So what I'm doing is just swirling it a bit and that gets it going but if I don't remember to do so during the day, it often stops. 

I put it down to my computer job and the fact I don't move enough with it on (when i work out/swim, i take it off)

Because.. I have a genuine Tissot Men's Tissot Couturier Chronograph watch and that used to bug me too, i'd have to wear early morning to night every day or it would stop.

So I guess I'm just accepting now that I have to set the time and swirly swirl when i put on my watch in the morning (whether it's this one or my genuine tissot). Kind of annoying but I guess i should move more.

Anyway, the pilot looks great so I'm happy with my purchase from Trusty Time. 

Edited by Quadrant6

• 1 month later...