When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Sub QC Pic help

ladycajun17

Hi! I attempted to buy a chanel, but he was never able to get it. Since I sent the money, I needed to get a watch. This is the one I chose, but I have no idea how to identify problems from QC pics. In my opinion, the watch looks great, but I would rather have expert opinions! Please help a girl out and let me know what you think :) I attached the images. If you can't see them, let me know!

post-59247-0-00121700-1398356983_thumb.j

post-59247-0-37986100-1398356985_thumb.j

post-59247-0-87878000-1398356987_thumb.j

post-59247-0-90750500-1398356990_thumb.j

post-59247-0-44646600-1398356993_thumb.j

post-59247-0-16003800-1398356995_thumb.j

post-59247-0-80438600-1398356996_thumb.j

post-59247-0-12334000-1398356999_thumb.j

post-59247-0-22451900-1398357001_thumb.j

Looks very nice.

If I'm being very critical the bezel insert is a quarter click to the right, but I've a few watches that are like that and the bezel not being perfectly aligned doesn't bother me.

I'd give it the OK to ship.

It's easily fixable, but like everything you have to know how.

The bezel is the outer polished metal part that rotates, and the blue part of the bezel is a separate part called the bezel insert which is glued onto the bezel. The bezel is quite tough and is easy to get off. The insert is thin metal and as it's glued on (usually with double sided sticky tape) it can be a pain to get off, and you have to be very patient and careful so you don't bend it when removing it.

Some bezel inserts just clip in, but that's normally on super reps or frankens, but i suspect this one will be glued on.

The bezel is held on by a spring wire and some people use a couple of thin knives to pop it off, or you can buy a rubber like tool from EBay for a couple of bucks that removes it in an instant. Once off the bezel insert can be very gently prised off the bezel - it has double sided sticky tape all around it holding it on. Just take your time and very gently use a sharp knife cut through the glue sticky tape. Once you start to get part of it off don't be tempted to pull it off, it'll bend and be ruined.

Once the insert is off the bezel, depending what state the adhesive is in you may be better off cleaning it all off and putting some new adhesive on later, or if you removed the insert very carefully it may be OK, which is great!

You then put the bezel back on - it just clips on (can require a hard push to get it back on), turn it round a few clicks so it settles down, and then the fun bit is putting the insert back into the bezel, aligned up correctly of course as that's what we're trying to fix!

If that all sounds like too much hard work, there are people on here happy to help out for a few bucks, or if you know a watchsmith near you (most independant jewellers) that is happy to work on rep watches, they can do it in 15 minutes for probably $20 or so.

I am extremely impatient; I would definitely bend the bezel insert! Can I ask puretime to fix it or would it be better just to pay someone from the forum to fix it. I don't know any local jewelers that work on reps.

I really appreciate all this help Fraggle :air_kiss:

You can ask puretime, Angus is good, but can take alot of time doing things. ( you said your impatient!)

Where are you based, if your UK/EU then give me a PM and I can help you with some more local watchmakers

Life's a [censored], then you marry one!

Hi, never been into diamond Rolexes but I have to say with the pearl-coloured bright dial this actually looks very good. With the bezelring, it could just be some play and once it gets used and starts turning well it might adjust itself. It´s one of the fastest and most efficient ways to stop time like: meet You in 35 minutes. The pearl itself is very well centered and it´s a nice one. Would be interesting to see how this looks at night with lume just on the hands if it´s strong should light up the rest. Like this.

There are quite a few US based people on here who can sort your watch out.

If you haven't already said OK to the QC pics just reply saying that the bezel insert is a little bit off and ask Angus to sort it out properly.

With a bit of luck Angus himself will read your email and sort it, but there's a small chance one of his employees will read your email and just post it anyway without doing anything.

As to guys in the US, the only one I can think of at the moment is SSTEEL, but I know there are loads of them!

• Like 1

Nice looking watch..

As for the diamond markers, I think that they could still look very bling under the correct lighting conditions. 

You would be surprised how similar some crystals and diamonds look, especially small ones.

I, for one, would not be able to tell, from a distance of 10 feet, if someone's watch markers are real diamonds, swarovski crystals, cubic zirconium diamonds, or lab grown diamonds. I would just know that its bling and that the owner is either a lady or a rapper. :D