When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Question about Sinn U1

LEE0452

I have used the search function on this and other forums however, most of the info is dated. Its not like looking for a Sub-C and some TD specialize in putting out top notch product. I was hoping that anyone with first hand experience could shed some light on any TD that might put out a better rep over another. I know it comes down to you get what you pay for, but as many have seen even that is not a sure bet. 

I have one on the way from Sead. I don't know if he is a TD here but he is on the other forums. As far as I know the only u1 sinn replicas are made by BP Factory, you can find plenty of info on them on here and elsewhere.

My only fear is the BP fac movements which have never set the world alight - lots of complaints that their Swiss movements are refurbished and very unlikely to be 100% Swiss. Mines going straight for service just in case. BP released the v2 of the u1 and v3 of the U2 and made some minor improvements - don't expect superlume but as previously stated the AR is actually better than the gen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Ssouthall6

• 1 month later...

Mine went to my watchsmith who commented that the isochronism was miles out, poor tolerance on the hearing and definitely clone not swiss. Which confirms everything we already knew about BP assembly.

The big problem for me with this watch is the greeny tinge to the markers which make them a completely different colour to the hands. Looks like a paint job is required!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk