When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yuki 5512/13 case questions...

automatico

Q1...Does anyone know if the latest Yuki 5512/13 cases have the groove machined under the crystal retainer bezel for a gasket? I am working on one and do not want to remove the bezels just to see if there is a groove.

Q2...If there is a groove...do they come with a gasket in the groove when received from Yuki? (I am asking because my MBK cases came with the groove but no gasket)

Q3...Anyone get a dial from Yuki lately with uneven finish on the lettering? They look pretty good until you scope them out with a standard loupe (5X or higher) and the lettering is splotchy, not smooth.

I finally bit the bullet and bought a couple Yuki cases and will say their 5513 and 5512 cases have very good fit and finish, imho better than my MBK cases. Probably worth the $$ difference for a rlx powered Frankenstein but maybe not for an Eta powered project.

They came with everything except the crowns.

The engraving between the lugs is pretty good but not real deep. It IS engraving though, not laser etch like MBK etc.

The lettering inside the case back is very good. Better than some genuines I have seen but all three prongs on the 'E' in rolEx are the same. Rolexperts claim the center prong should be shorter.

Before the internet, these cases would have passed for genuine most of the time.