When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help identifying old rep

droptopman

I bought this from scam site 10 years ago or so. Need a spot in the winder for new units coming so going to sell it or give it away. Any ideas what factory made it and estimated value? I just assume there is nothing here worth keeping but thought I would check with the experts

7e9areru.jpg

anusa3eg.jpg

ta3ady3u.jpg

upubabe5.jpg

maqevepy.jpg

a8u9u6ad.jpg

8a9apy7y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest mikemcnair

At first glance I was taken back by the "bling", but I must say it actually is a sharp looking watch!

Hell, I'd say keep it, as you will likely not get much for it, and if you still have it after 10 years, it holds a place in your heart (and for good reason as it really is handsome)

If you can rock it (being all gold, I can not, my body would explode or something) I say keep it and wear it well!

Maybe mod it? Maybe Franken it? Just ideas, use it for something fun!

Cheap-o

One subdial for month and one for day of the month. Most likely changed by the pushers.

$20 A21j movement.

Thanks. What I figured.

You would not believe what I paid for this....you know the AAAAA++++ solid gold, genuine Swiss everything.

Thankfully I found this place. After that purchase I went back to gens for 10 years.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a few watches very similar to the watch pictured in goldtone over steel and all steel. I changed two of them over to running seconds at 6 and froze the other two hands and the center sweep second hand. There are a few posts on it from about 3 years ago. They are pretty good watches and the strap and clasp are pretty good too. When you remove the bezel and crystal, the half hoods on the lugs come off in  one piece made on a ring clamped down by the bezel.

The guy I got mine from paid $65 each for them about 5 years ago. The NYC 'importer' he got them from paid $45. He resold them for $100. I traded him out of a few. 

He had steel Daytonas with A7750 sec at 9 and sec at 6 for $225 iirc. Do not know what he paid. I have one each 'nos' but did not get them from the same guy. Never wore them because I am not a fan of the A7750, especially with sec at 6.

The guy also had all steel watches similar to the watch pictured with a lower grade case with hoods made on the case, lower grade dial. strap, and clasp. He paid $35 for them and sold them for $75. The 'importer' paid $23.