When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

https://alpha.rwgforum.net:2083/ ?

Hi Admins,

starting from yesterday eve, if I try to access the classic www.rgwforum.net from Chrome I'm being redirected to the address in the subject with a login screen named cPanel, which is a Linux hosting platform...

Trying to insert the credentials of this forum desn't sort any good effect (refused credentials), and the site also is signalled as with a not verified https certificate.

This happens on Chrome on my laptop (while on Firefox it works fine: I'm writing from it), on IE on my company windows mobile 8 phone, but funnily enough not on Chrome on my company workstation...

Does any of you knows what's going on?

Yesterday I thought it was a temporary crash but now I see it's not as I'm here on Firefox...

Tnx! GenTLe

Hi,

I'm having issues as it appears that the server has blocked my broadband IP address (it's fine if I switch to 3G on my ipad). I'm just getting a message saying that access has been blocked and can't get onto the site. I've cleared cookies and data but it's made no difference.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Try to check if that IP has been blacklisted here: http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-check or http://mxtoolbox.com/blacklists.aspx

I result listed in 4x servers, but as I'm on DHCP my address changes on any connection so I don't mind.

Normally you finish in one of them in case you PC sent spam (i.e. a virus with an SMTP engine inside) or similar.

Regards, GenTLe

Thanks GenTLe, I'm afraid as I'm not the most computer savvy so I have no idea how this happened or how to fix this. This has only happened since the cPanel business last night. Perplexing to say the least....

Also, I wouldn't know what a SMTP engine was if it came up to me and kicked me up the [censored] :D

Bottom, "censored" or even "very much censored" are all fine, I understand :-D

I'd say that, 1st of all, you should understand if you have a static broadband IP. It's very unlike unless you run some server and you pay for the static public IP... A fast way to know about that is to go on this site http://www.whatismyip.com/ and write down that set of numbers that follow "Your IP:" (yes, that one is the IP address, like "Social Security Number", you're using, in that precise moment, to go over the web. Normally the home connections don't have static IP, but they are given from a provider DHCP server that gives you a random address, in a set they own, so that your one can be reused for someone else when you're not connected)

After you wrote down that IP, then switch off the router/modem, restart it, reconnect and go for a new visit to that site (remember to refresh the page if you didn't close the internet browser from the 1st annotation). If the IP is the same then again switch the router/modem again and go to sleep and test again with the IP the provider gives you the morning after.

If again it's the same than you most probably have a static public IP that could be blacklisted.

I'm pretty sure the problem is somewhere else anyway.

And since you write about an iPad, so you may have an Apple computer and, again, it's pretty uncommon you get attached by a virus (even if their number are grown, they are still very very few compared to the ones developed for Microsoft OS-based devices).

Try to see if you have same problem using different internet browsers, for example install Firefox and Chrome and try from both of them (they are available for Mac and PC).

If the problem is not present anymore, then it's a matter of some s_it that is related to the main browser. So you can just cleanup the browser chronology/cookies/temporary files and retry... Or use the other browser :-)

I'm not in the user-PC too from a while, but still I'm in the IT (infrastructure&network&servers) so I hope I have gave you some good starting point  :)

Ciao,

GenTLe

PS: SMTP (simple mail transfer protocol) server is a software that act as mail sender/forwarder, and it can be extremely tiny, so tiny that it could fit into a virus and even make your computer to become a so called "open relay" (that's the best way to be blacklisted). An open relay can be used, from anyone that can reach it, to send mails to anyone else (spammers normally use open relays to send their trash around the world, that's the reason they're blacklisted).

Edited by GenTLe