When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Ingenieur Correct Datewheel...

lello

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I would still have the intention to print the 7750 Panerai DWs...

However, I'm having some difficulties to sell all the Inge Dws I made (see update on first page)

and so, I couldn't afford any eventual further losses, as several members didn't honored their pre orders yet.

If I won't have to face this problems, I will be keeping the production of other DWs types... :rolleyes:

Do you still plan on printing Panerai wheels for 7750?

Yes, I would still have the intention to print the 7750 Panerai DWs...

However, I'm having some difficulties to sell all the Inge Dws I made (see update on first page)

and so, I couldn't afford any eventual further losses, as several members didn't honored their pre orders yet.

If I won't have to face this problems, I will be keeping the production of other DWs types... :rolleyes:

Lello, having been there myself with the cyclopes, I would say that projects of this nature which have long production times require prepayment by those interested.

I think more people will join in on this once pictures of modified Ingenieurs start to show up. :)

I have just ordered the Ingenieur.. River has a very nice price for the Inge at the moment, and I figure that an Ingenieur with the new datewheel and proper double side AR will cost about the same as the Steelfish. That it will be a custom timepice.

Thumbs up for the work of Lello, and one datewheel for me! :)

Hi guys..., all DWs that were purchased to date, have been shipped and should reach you in around one week, or so. :winkiss:

I still have 10 DWs left.

But in case There will be more requested, don't worry, there are already other 20 overlays made. waiting for the wheels and print.

Please read the update on first page, to know a little more...

Edited by lello

I'm feeling good now that I'm seeing some good feedback about this long project. :)

Now, I look forward to see some pics after people will have installed into the watch.

I'm also looking forward to make sure all members who bought it, received it.

Please, post here when you all get it..., many thanks!

I picked up mine from the postoffice yesterday. Will take a closer look at it tomorrow and try to install it soon (hopefully a week or so). And when that is done of course i will take picture to show the results of your long and hard labour!!

THANX LELLO :clap2:

I recieved mine two days ago. :) And yesterday I picked up the Ingenieur, bought secondhand from a board member. It is just as solid and lovely as expected! I have secured the bracelet and wore it to work today. The right watch for an Engineer!

244560-8832.jpg

I am a little bit reluctant to start to take it apart... I had a bad experience recently, trying to fit an ETA-datewheel to an Asian 7750. I have had a look at an uncased ETA-2824 which I have... The datewheel has tabs, which sits under some plates on the movement. Do you have to remove the top plates to swap the date rings?

244560-8833.jpg

Who will be the first to do the mod and show their pictures? :p

I just received my postal notice. Unfortunately I wasn't home and will have to wait until tomorrow to pick up my parcel.

The Inge is one of my favorites and I will not try to learn how to replace a datewheel on one of my favorites. This means I will wait until Monday to go to my watch guy and have him do it. Hmmmm, perhaps I'll have him do some water proofing while he is at it.