When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paint DeepSea inner-ring

Elliaz

Painting the ring red is very simple once you have the ring in hand! Adding the script w/ be your challenge. It could be done w/ a decal....JoeyB is an expert on that subject.

The red does look very cool!

Best, mcotter

Thanks for the replies!

Disassembling the watch wouldn't be a problem, right? Is Enamel paint the paint to use or should I choose something else (I'd preferably have a matte finish)?

Was really thinking of painting the second-hand also but haven't made up my mind yet!

Do you think the extra layer paint will me a problem while re-assembling the watch??

Thanks!

Yours truly,

EliasAntoine

The text won't be that hard... All you would have to do is kind of scratch out the letters with a toothpick, then pick a different paint with a different solvent (ie: if you use enamel and its solvent is thinner then use acrylic or something where its solvent is water). After you've scratched at the letters, wipe the new paint into the letters until it's built up to the consistency that you want and direct it using the solvent (wipe off the excess after you've applied it)... Sounds complicated, but it's not too bad - let me know if the explanation makes sense...

As far as enamel paint, you can get it in a matte finish, or you could spray the whole thing with matte clearcoat when you're done.

• 1 month later...

Know this is off topic but [censored] boy you like to show off those reps on instragram

You remind me of me when i was young accept i had the money for gens

Good luck with the project ;)

Dear Ezio,

on my Insta I would say approximately 80% are gens, and I know you can spot them ;) the reps just happen to be part of great backgrounds/pics. Reps on Insta: GMT, Sub & Pam292... Gens: Datejust, 2x Daytonas, AP, 2x Presidentials, a couple of Subs, Cartier, Omega's etc. etc... Not to be ballin' but yeah...

I have an interest in reps, but gens are my true passion (if I only had enough dough though)...

Ps. I forgot that I use the same Alias here and there, should totally change..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dont remember the pics sorry mate so dont know if there were gens also show Them here mate Always Nice to see some Nice watches ;)

Edited by Ezio