When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

EL's AP Nick Faldo

XRT

I also have the same model from River, which thedoctor and Ubi kindly advised me on before I purchased it.

I have the same from River. It's a very high quality watch. I polished the bezel with some metal polish to make it look more like the genuine with it's polished bezel.

I remember when you did that. The picture you posted of the polished bezel was excellent. It would be great if you could put it back up here (the link to the picture is broken on the old RWG).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Admin i would have thought that you'd be the one to take it off their hands...and @thedoc any comments on the jules audemars? i have had my eye on this one for a while and never really saw a review (at least not recently)

I know way less than half what thedoctor & thomasng know about AP's but the Jules was my first high end rep--EL's ETA version. The rose gold plating was excellent, and aside from theproblems caused by the date window position, it's a very very accurate rep. They even made a decent stab at the rotor...

On the NF: I like that there's no space between the A and P issue on the faldo, and the brushing look supurb in the pics. Expert's: are there any front-side glaring faults that would make a nitpicker like me get persnickity about this one?

I know way less than half what thedoctor & thomasng know about AP's but the Jules was my first high end rep--EL's ETA version. The rose gold plating was excellent, and aside from theproblems caused by the date window position, it's a very very accurate rep. They even made a decent stab at the rotor...

On the NF: I like that there's no space between the A and P issue on the faldo, and the brushing look supurb in the pics. Expert's: are there any front-side glaring faults that would make a nitpicker like me get persnickity about this one?

I agree with you on the Jules..... Really accurate but the AP logo really irked me, it was too big and didn't look right.

The NF has one major flaw. The "Royal Oak" text is in Italicised font on the rep while it is nomal font on the genuine. That is obivously a deliberate error. I remember out of the box, this had a brushed bezel which is inaccurate, but you can just polish the bezel to a high shine and it'll be fine. The folding bit of the clasp is also inaccurate, it should be shaped like an "AP" logo instead of the older style rectangular folding bit.

The NF has one major flaw. The "Royal Oak" text is in Italicised font on the rep while it is nomal font on the genuine. That is obivously a deliberate error. I remember out of the box, this had a brushed bezel which is inaccurate, but you can just polish the bezel to a high shine and it'll be fine. The folding bit of the clasp is also inaccurate, it should be shaped like an "AP" logo instead of the older style rectangular folding bit.

I don't know, Admin. I think rectangular folding clasp is correct...

92324-28046.jpg

Perhaps there are variations with either the rectangular or the AP shaped clasp blades?

Perhaps there are variations with either the rectangular or the AP shaped clasp blades?

Correct. I researched the NF model to death around the time I got mine, and I've seen gens with different clasps.

As far as flaws go, there were two rep versions of this model, and I ended up going with the less accurate but higher quality version from River. In all, I noticed around 8 differences between River's model and the gen. But I'm still really happy with it.

I've got a solid caseback and more accurate dial and hands on the way (seem to be waiting forever for them though) for my project.

• 7 years later...