When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to fit a gen insert in a TC sub

coffindodger

I had sourced parts and planned on replacing the crown, crystal and insert, but once I got the piece, decided it was not worth the investment.  IMO The TC is really awesome right out of the box.  Took that $ and put it towards another build.  You may want to wait and see it in your hands. :clap2:   

You'll not need to, but if you do I suggest a watchlsmith. I changed the insert on my TC LV (from black to green) and my TC Cadell Rouge Sub from black to red. Both times I struggled to remove the insert. Eventually I used a soft plastic tool between the crystal and the insert and it just popped out. I managed to insert the LV myself but the red needed a trip to my friendly watchsmith.

Here's the best tutorial for installing a gen insert. Note in particular when he gets to the last part of the insert how he turns it over and presses the last little bit with force on a table edge. You may have to roll it slightly till it clicks. This has worked for me several times on inserts that would otherwise be impossible. When it clicks into place you'll hear it and know that it's not coming out.

http://www.vikbobil.se/bezel.html