When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dream Tag

murphhprum

Hi, I am new to this forum and to replica watches. Tag Heuer has always been my favourite watch manufacturer but unfortunately are out of my price range at the moment. I am finding it a little hard to navigate the forum for reputable replica websites. I am looking for this exact watch and wondering if anyone has seen it on a reputable website. Thank you for you help. 

I can't have a link until 5 posts :(  http://www.helloreplicawatches.com/tag-heuer-carrera-7750-automatic-working-chronograph-leather-strap-white-dial-replica-watch-7427.html

Be careful with the exhibition casebacks. If you're really picky with your watches, an exhibition back is generally a bad idea unless you can source a gen movement. Lots of the low end exhibition case back watches have terrible Asian eta clone movements that aren't even close to the original. Just a heads up.

Nice choice by the way; the Carrera is a lovely watch.

This is true, the movement on the real one looks awesome. Even if I can find a swiss movement that looks similar I wouldn't mind paying more. Eventually I will buy a real one I just can't afford it right now. My friend received a real one as a gift years ago and thats what got me loving watches.

I didn't mean to discourage you with the post above. Anything is possible with enough money, patience, and the right relationships (modders!). There are guys on this forum who rebuild watch movements, regrind crown guards, and have custom parts commissioned. I've seen many frankenreps on this forum that have more gen parts than rep parts. Absolutely anything is possible here.

My point is that in rep collecting, as with anything else, it pays to start with the basics and learn the ropes. You can absolutely get a fantastic carrerra with a display caseback, but you might need to do some pretty advanced stuff to pull it off. I just wanted to caution you above regarding the display caseback, because it might be tricky to get an exceptional rep right off the shelf.

Take a look at today's (june 25th) wristcheck. A member here posted a really nice exhibition back Carrera. Looks like he may have done a rotor transplant with a gen rotor. The member might be willing to tell you a little more. Before you reach out to him though, I suggest you do your homework.

Veteran members really appreciate and respect it when you do that. Go to the dealer section of this forum and look at what is available off the shelf. It may be that you can get exactly what you're looking for. You can also use the search function to see if the member has posted a short blog about the watch, you might learn exactly how he did the rotor swap. Once you understand everything you can using the search function and have browsed the dealer section, reach out to the member to see if he can tell you more. If you've done your homework, there's a good chance that he will. This is a great bunch of guys who really love watches.

The next step, once you've figured all of this out, is to post a short write-up of where you got the watch, who helped you, what mods you made, what problems you ran into, and how you solved those problems. Now the whole community will have the benefit of your experience, and you'll be a full fledged member. The more useful posts you make, the better known you will be, and the more willing the high end modders will be willing to work with you!

Alternatively, you can probably buy a decent example off the shelf from one of the trusted dealers here and wear it for months before the date font starts to irritate you, and then start the process above. Either way, welcome to the forum and best of luck!

Looks like a pretty nice rep. I do love the Carrerra.

Here is a link to the PT watch with white dial and a7750 that GenTle very helpfully pointed out for you.

http://www.puretime-...bracelet-a7750/

Here is a link to the corresponding pics of the Gen:

http://www.fashioncraz.com/carrera-calibre-1887-watches/

Not perfect certainly. But only one in 100 people you show it to will have any idea what the gen movement should look like. The rep is a beautiful watch that's bound to get compliments either way.

The Carrera is a great rep but the 1887 has not been done very well yet.

I definitely recommend the Carrera CV2A10 (day date)

post-44290-0-24828200-1403776429_thumb.j

I also recommend the Carrera CV2010 which in my opinion is one the best modern chrono designs on the market

post-44290-0-37534900-1403776530_thumb.j

I must say, you do have great taste in watches, the Carrera line is fantastic.