When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Advice/Opinions on 6263 v726 Project

drecupido

I've been lurking in the forum for about 6 months now and it seems that I have picked up the bug. I've purchased an Enicar v726 movement, 6239 case and more recently a 6263 PN Daytona dial. The dial is black with light gold subs. I bought it, even though it didn't match my case, because of the excellent quality of the dial and fonts. I dislike gold watches, but I am kind of digging the ss case and black/gold dial combo.

Couple of questions:

- Was this ever a factory color combo?

- If I decide to go with it, what color hands would I use with this dial and a ss case?

Any info/thoughts would be appreciated. I've attached a photo in the 6239 case.

post-59423-0-30499800-1404184899_thumb.j

Edited by drecupido

If you go for it, it'll be a fantasy model. There was never a gold pn daytona dial in an ss case but I have seen a custom made to order 6265 with a black (gold subdial) dial. They used gold hands for that one. I tried to replicate the look myself, I came close. If you love it who cares if it was a real model!

Pic 1: gen custom made to order

Pic 2: my version

post-38788-0-08767300-1404185415_thumb.j

post-38788-0-82804300-1404185622_thumb.j

I hate to say it, but your dial has a number of issues. The most salient of these are that you have an Oyster dial in a non-Oyster case (non-Oyster cases have pump pushers & have non-Oyster dials), gold dials have gilt printing & the front face of the hour markers on black Newman dials are painted black. Were it me, considering what you paid for the 726 I would consider another dial.

IMG_0009_10_11_tonemapped1_zps41f3f497.j

Yeah, with that much invested in the vj726, u owe it to the vj726 to seat a gen dial upon it

Good luck on a gen dial. Prices on those are insane when you can find them.

As others have mentioned using the black dial with gold subdials would be a fantasy build, and I would also use the gold hands. Otherwise pick up a correct dial for the 6239 case. Don't use the PN dial in that case.

I don't have the correct case for it. I was just trying out the color combo with the 6239 case. Freddy mentioned that the black/ gold PN never came with the red hour markers. I saw this face on a watch on Hodinkee and a gen dial for sale at a reputable dealer with it as well. Anyone else know if this is correct?

Freddy mentioned that the black/ gold PN never came with the red hour markers.

The dials in every gold-cased Daytona I have seen were combinations of champagne, black & gilt. To the best of my knowledge, there is never any red or white printing on them.

I saw this face on a watch on Hodinkee and a gen dial for sale at a reputable dealer with it as well. Anyone else know if this is correct?

In the unlikely event that you are able to find a gen Newman dial for sale, unless damaged beyond recognition, it is likely to cost you $20k, at a minimum.

Over the years, I have had some luck in sourcing rare parts, but I would not even attempt a Newman dial.