When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Decent Romain Jerome rep?

Hey folks,

It's been over a year since there's been an active topic on Romain Jerome pieces and I was wondering if anyone has run into (purchased, seen, or otherwise) a decent rep?  I've seen a couple on AliExpress, but rarely do I ever have any luck there with the exception of boxes (most of their reps are poorly misrepresented and thus the prices ARE too good to be true, do yourself a favor and stick with the TDs).  Andrew over at Trusty Time seems to be the only TD I've found with any of these - but I'm skeptical of the quality for only $150 (plus, I've only ever ordered from Angus at PT and Tony at Toro).

Call me a moron for actually liking his pieces, but even if you hate them, you have to give the guy some credit for originality (and ridiculous frivolity).

Would love to hear any experiences / sources you've had.

Sorry, no experience with them here, but if Andrew has them then they should be, as a minimum, 'okay' and maybe even 'good'. Why not try one?

Thanks kernow - I think I'm gonna have to do that (I'll be sure to post a review).  I think I'm gonna go with the ROM001D, as the A and B are Faux tourbillons (and nothing screams fake like a faux tourbillon)

Thanks for the additional info GenTLe.  If she's a beauty, I'll send 'er our for coating if it comes to that

• 2 weeks later...

GenTLe: that is my fave - I'd drop $800 on a good rep no problem...  Trooper, I never blame anyone for an attempt at humor :), but I like 'em funky and huge - some people might say the same about some other luxe brands like AP (except I dont think anyone would argue that a Jules A series is hideous) or Hublot (I have a Big Bang Tourbillon I got from a member that I love, but the tutti frutti?  And the Masterpiece is very RJ-like)