When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Black Bay Fabric Strap

HaydenM

20140712-1_zpsb5918477.jpg

I recently purchased a tudor black bay rep from Andrew and I have loved it but the problem that I have encountered is that due to by very small wrist I have a great amount of difficulty getting the bracelet of the watch to sit correctly on my wrist. I have ordered a few nato styled straps to fix this problem but I am wondering if anybody knows if it is at all possible to get a Gen fabric strap that is sold with the watch from anywhere (and approximately how much it would cost). If this isn't possible does anywhere sell something similar (a fabric strap that isn't a "one piece watch strap" that slides through the springbars or a nato but a fabric strap that contains the springbars).

Thank you all in advance

HaydenM

Hi, congrats on the Blackbay and the lumeshot - beautiful. Once I took off the SS bracelet I never put it on again, it feels/looks good on different straps. Both options $30 to $40 shipped:

a fabric strap that contains the springbars: Bradystraps sailcloath with gold stitching 22mm (just google Bradystraps): it comes with in-built lugbars and You can remove it/put it on without tools (but will need a Sping Bar tool to take off the bracelet for the first time SB%20TOOL%202.jpg

1024_2396.jpg

a normal 22mm Bomberjacket strap (they ship with 2 reinforced springbars) is here in 3 colours pictured is the brown: http://www.strappedfortime.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=248

Tudor_3610-1024_zps832c589f.jpg

Hi, congrats on the Blackbay and the lumeshot - beautiful. Once I took off the SS bracelet I never put it on again, it feels/looks good on different straps. Both options $30 to $40 shipped:

a fabric strap that contains the springbars: Bradystraps sailcloath with gold stitching 22mm (just google Bradystraps): it comes with in-built lugbars and You can remove it/put it on without tools (but will need a Sping Bar tool to take off the bracelet for the first time 

a normal 22mm Bomberjacket strap (they ship with 2 reinforced springbars) is here in 3 colours pictured is the brown: http://www.strappedfortime.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=248

Defending the bracelet it is one of the most sturdy and weighty watch bracelets I have ever felt. My weedy 6 and a bit inch wrist just doesn't deal will with the size of the clasp. I am sure I will experiment with a whole variety of different straps but at the moment I would love to possibly get my hands on the gen fabric strap or something similar (in design and quality).

I recently purchased a tudor black bay rep from Andrew and I have loved it but the problem that I have encountered is that due to by very small wrist I have a great amount of difficulty getting the bracelet of the watch to sit correctly on my wrist. I have ordered a few nato styled straps to fix this problem but I am wondering if anybody knows if it is at all possible to get a Gen fabric strap that is sold with the watch from anywhere (and approximately how much it would cost). If this isn't possible does anywhere sell something similar (a fabric strap that isn't a "one piece watch strap" that slides through the springbars or a nato but a fabric strap that contains the springbars).

Thank you all in advance

HaydenM

I agree.  I have a 7" wrist on a large day, and I have not been able to size the bracelet comfortably.  IF THIS IS A 1:1 REP of the REAL GEN BRACELET - This has to be the WORST design in Rolex/Tudor history.  The rigidity of the clasp connectors, only 3 micro-adjustment holes simply SUCKS!   I contemplated drilling another set of micro-adjutment holes in the clasp, but really, the damn thing is too heavy.

I have the above photoed bomber leather & Nato's now.  I have to wonder, if the GEN bracelet is as bad-- if that is why they more or less sell most of these with Leather + Nato.  Hmmmmmm......  Rolex needs to take a page from Omega and utilize half links near the clasp if they are going to be stingy on micro-adjustments.

I agree.  I have a 7" wrist on a large day, and I have not been able to size the bracelet comfortably.  IF THIS IS A 1:1 REP of the REAL GEN BRACELET - This has to be the WORST design in Rolex/Tudor history.  The rigidity of the clasp connectors, only 3 micro-adjustment holes simply SUCKS!   I contemplated drilling another set of micro-adjutment holes in the clasp, but really, the damn thing is too heavy.

I have the above photoed bomber leather & Nato's now.  I have to wonder, if the GEN bracelet is as bad-- if that is why they more or less sell most of these with Leather + Nato.  Hmmmmmm......  Rolex needs to take a page from Omega and utilize half links near the clasp if they are going to be stingy on micro-adjustments.

The problem for me is slightly to to with the micro-adjustments but more to do with how wide the clasp is on the inside of my wrist which causes the watch to sit in a weird way. It would be interesting to see if more micro-adjustment holes would work if drilled.