When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1016 refinish repost

droptopman

This is jmb's budget experiment watch I bought a couple of weeks ago. I polished the case, crown , bezel and crystal then taped her off and brushed the lugs. I like vintage pieces to look restored. Had a nice Donerix croc strap with gen buckle in the parts box, so put that on her. I love the simplicity of the 1016 but was not sure at 6'3" I could work the smaller size. This was an inexpensive way to try out a vintage Explorer. I must say I wore this all day Saturday to the gym in the morning then out to play golf in the afternoon then straight to dinner. The smaller size works great for a sports watch. She is really growing on me. Pretty nice looking piece for $225 with the strap cost included. Hard to beat for the cost. Now that I know I like it on the wrist need to find some gen goodies for her. Jmb does a wonderful job on these.

I think the finish work turned out great.

Some pics:

pe5ujyra.jpg

yge8u9y3.jpg

qa8u9eru.jpg

umeny6yv.jpg

ajy5uzej.jpg

Sent from my droptop using telepathy.

The tiny bits of polish (engravings removed) are really improving the Explorer!

JMB´s Explorers are quite well done!

As you are wearing the Explorer on a leather strap I suggest that you do some proper case engravings one day, should you look for any ideas to improve the package.

Wear it well and have fun with it :)

I have ordered a 4 axis breakout board for my engraver controller and I'm going to try to build a rotary 4th axis.  If successful I may be able to do serial numbers and stuff.  This is a few months down the road, though...

Looking good on the watch!  Hope this reply doesn't blow up the forum like the last one did! :Jumpy: