When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help putting a gen insert onto a TC V6 sorted but now my bp sea dweller insert won't fit

coffindodger

Hi lads,

Just got a gen 16610 insert to install onto my TC V6 sub. I need help as I have never done anything but wear my watches.

Can somebody run me throughout the procedure so a hopefully fit it without any tears. 

I know there is a video on Youtube but i don't think it can be that simple.

Help please.

CD

you can usually push them in with your thumbs. start with one side and snap the other side in with your other thumb.

i wouldnt worry about tearing, theyre pretty strong. worry more about bending.\

TC bezel rings are a bit tigther than gen last time i checked, you might have to sand the underside of the insert down for a proper fit or risk losing it during wear

so you take the bezel off with a knife at 7. then push out the tc insert from inside ,then put the bezel on 1st before adding the insert??

You could do that... might be safer.  Plus you can align the triangle perfectly at 12.

If you put the insert on the bezel first, its very easy to push too hard on the middle of the insert.  It's very easy to press too hard and basically bend the insert (usually at the triangle) and this will result in a flattened insert where the outer diameter is now too large.. this is not a good situation.  So make sure you are applying pressure only on the outer portion of the insert.  After I work around the perimeter, you can just snap the remaining part in by pressing the outer edge on a wooden table  or something similar.

This helped me do it the first time 

Don't put your knife all the way under your bezel, then you will take off the entire bezel assemble.

You need to put it under for like 2mm...

Look underneath the bezel first to see what I'm talking about.

Be careful! I lost my click spring the first time and it's a pain in the *ss to find it back!

Don't forget to cover the lug otherwise you will damage it.

Don't forget when you push the insert in, place the pearl portion/triangle in first. It is the weakest part of the insert. Then you work your way around to snap the rest in place.

If you leave the insert part to be last to snap, you could crack the pearl or bent the insert.

I would install the bezel back in first before reinserting the insert. That way the triangle can easily line up to 12 o'clock.

Sent from my