When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP ROO Montauk Highway V2

Thinking about pulling the trigger on the AP ROO Montauk Highway V2 from Toro or Angus. I wanted to get the opinion of the experts on the overall build of this watch. What are the must do mods for this watch assuming there are few. 

I unfortunately don't have the time or the patience to find all the parts to build a Franken and have Domi build it. Although I may just have to find the time a learn to be patient.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

post-60916-0-72273100-1407437197_thumb.j

Still shown on his web site. Probably just needs an update.

Doesn't matter :) Remember: always ask (to the dealer) if a model is available, regardless it's shown as "in stock" or not shown at all. The web sites are just a display, not fully representative.

According to Toro, the AP MH all have been sold out and no more available.  Factory discontinued it.

I guess that's one less watch to buy then.

It's really annoying when dealers show something as available or in Toros case, limited availability when it isn't.

To his credit, Toro did mention that he had a USA customer who was looking to sell one for $475 incl. shipping and offered to broker the transaction.

Intime is also showing it as available, just think if a dealer knows its no longer available to reflect it as such on their website.

Grumble over.

Thinking about pulling the trigger on the AP ROO Montauk Highway V2 from Toro or Angus. I wanted to get the opinion of the experts on the overall build of this watch. What are the must do mods for this watch assuming there are few. 

I unfortunately don't have the time or the patience to find all the parts to build a Franken and have Domi build it. Although I may just have to find the time a learn to be patient.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

You need to buy this off other members, I believe its out of stock currently.

The dial layout for the MH is better than the other "regular" 42mm ROOs in my opinion.

Your question about the mods is a rather generic one, there are lots to be done if you are truly pedantic or fastidious about your watch, or it can be worn right off the shelf.

The question is, what are you looking for and how much are you willing to spend? 

You need to buy this off other members, I believe its out of stock currently.

The dial layout for the MH is better than the other "regular" 42mm ROOs in my opinion.

Your question about the mods is a rather generic one, there are lots to be done if you are truly pedantic or fastidious about your watch, or it can be worn right off the shelf.

The question is, what are you looking for and how much are you willing to spend? 

I'm not super psycho about the most finite details. Just don't like dead giveaways. As far as money? If I like the watch and it makes sense to clearly make the watch nicer, I would spend the dough. But if the band, dial, and case are all good to go with no real giveaways from basic view on the wrist, then I will satisfied. 

BTW, I was able to get one. 

Well done, sir. That was a sweet find.  What a difference a few days makes.  Oh well, I picked up a Doha, so hopefully that will take away some of the pain.  Best of luck.

I stayed off the Doha because of the terrible dial layout. It is a nice watch on its own but not well repped IMHO. 

I do own a few gen ROOs and at least 30 ROO reps over the past 2 years, so I do know a little about good and not so good ROO reps.

I do love the sunburst dial of the rep Doha, and the beautiful color theme. As a watch its a lovely piece. As a rep, not too fantastic. ;)

You won't hear any argument out of me, Legend.  I went into the purchase fully informed about the spacing of the 5 and 7 from the 6'oclock subdial as well as the oversized logo  (http://replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=169565&page=7).  After purchasing the "Navy Themes", I have fallen in love with all 42mm ROO's on leather.  I was especially attracted to the red hands against the slate gray color scheme.  FWIW, I too was able to source the AP MH... I am beginning o suspect that the cartels have quietly come out with a new run. Two weeks ago Toro and Ryan said that that they have been discontinued.  Now they both seem to have stock again.  At least I didn't fall for the v1... for a good laugh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdw1_qAa86E

You won't hear any argument out of me, Legend.  I went into the purchase fully informed about the spacing of the 5 and 7 from the 6'oclock subdial as well as the oversized logo  (http://replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=169565&page=7).  After purchasing the "Navy Themes", I have fallen in love with all 42mm ROO's on leather.  I was especially attracted to the red hands against the slate gray color scheme.  FWIW, I too was able to source the AP MH... I am beginning o suspect that the cartels have quietly come out with a new run. Two weeks ago Toro and Ryan said that that they have been discontinued.  Now they both seem to have stock again.  At least I didn't fall for the v1... for a good laugh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdw1_qAa86E

Its really a good looking watch, and you know, I still go look at the rep pics from time to time online, questioning my sanity while doing so.

It DOES seem that the 5 and 7 gaps could be acceptable.. I wonder if they did an update on it? 

To be honest, at the end of the day, when the watch goes on our wrist, I know its going to look resplendent. Flaws are most often seen on boards like this often, and it always seems to be more acceptable on the wrist.

You are a well-informed buyer, and I would like to humbly request that you post pics and if possible a mini review of the watch when you get her.

Thank you kindly in advance.

I hope to catch you around. ;)