When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

QC Pics from Trusty...Font Looks Wierd

Guest REPPIN

Guest REPPIN

Hey guys, 

I ordered an Explorer from Trusty a few days back, just got the QC pics and is it just me or does the font on the 3,6,9 look really off???

Thanks! 

post-8024-0-23809000-1408383297_thumb.jp

Like I said, maybe its just me. 

I have never seen this model in person and i was expecting the numbers to look more like the picture you posted. 

If you mean about shining, well that's a matter of light & reflection. When I ordered my Calibre de Cartier the pictures appeared to have the polished parts of the dial really bad, like brownish, but when it arrived it was really ok :)

While it's true that the angle of the watch has killed any reflections on the markers, I agree that it looks weird.  The numerals just look blocky, and corners that should be gently rounded are angled sharply and, sometimes, at 90 degrees.  There shouldn't be hard-edged rectangles within the loops of the '6' and the '9', for example.

Somehow they look weird to me as well. Maybe compare to the new super-rep (pricewise) of that model on TD´s sites or is it the $458 one - on Toros site looks almost the same with angled numbers but too small to see well.

the 3 is all bent up imo.

somethin about it doesnt look right at all.

i got one of these for a friend not too long ago and theyre repped fairly well.

TT seems to also use pretty crappy cameras sometimes when taking QC pics.

i had to keep asking for better pics bc the "submariner" on the dial just looked all fuzzy and beat.

after about 3 different tries, it showed up right and it was def just the picture.

idk about this one though.. that 3 looks bent or something.

The font ain't right.

Close, but not close enough.

It would be OK if it was a $150 beater but not for anything that costs more. (and you could probably get something better for $150 to be honest)

Guest REPPIN

YA I confirmed the QC pics, well see how it is when it gets here. 

99% of the time they look way better in person. But it seems like everyone is in agreement that something looks off. 

Ill post up pics when I get them! 

All of this model of rep looks like this.....what's being described will be the same on this particular rep, so requesting a different watch isn't going to solve the problem.....

This isn't what qc's are for......this is how complaints get started.

Edited by mitchbaria