When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Seamaster Pro Ceramic Bezel 44mm

jester69

Ok I just received my Omega Seamaster Pro 44mm with Ceramic Bezel from Pure Time. DAMMM nice watch. It came real quick about a week or so. This thing is beautiful. Not a flaw on it. Maybe the bezel doesn't exactly line up perfectly in the center, but I don't really care. I've seen videos that show you how to solve this in a couple of seconds. Other than that it's pretty sweet. Hope these pics do it justice. This might be my main watch from now on.

A couple of questions though for the members out there.

1. The crown screws down, but do the chronometer function buttons screw down too; obviously they don't by trying to turn them, just wondering if they are supposed to. I have other chrono watches, gens, and they lock down.

2. I received a picture for QC that shows a water proof testing and a paper receipt in my shipment of the results. What should I gather from this as I thought reps are not supposed to be used in water as all?

3. Are there no fine adjustments to the watch band? I've taken out 2 links and it's still a bit loose for my taste, I like them tight. There doesn't seem to be fine positions on the clasp to move the band over with a spring pin?? There is one other hole but the band wouldn't fit cause the links are actually cut to fit in the clasp and they're not cut back far enough to reach the other hole.

Other than that very satisfied.

post-65836-0-44909500-1408487236_thumb.j

post-65836-0-38999800-1408487238_thumb.j

post-65836-0-46135600-1408487241_thumb.j

post-65836-0-77958600-1408487243_thumb.j

post-65836-0-06910800-1408487246_thumb.j

I'm glad you enjoy your new watch.

As for screw down chrono pushers I have no idea whether the genuine have the same feature.

When it comes to water resistance I never trust ANY rep to be water resistant.

If I go swimming I only wear my Seiko divers.

If you show a pic of the clasp there might be some "fine tuning".

IIRC the chrono pushers don't screw down - even on the gen. For bracelet adjustment; there should be a half link that you can add/remove. There is no adjustment on the clasp itself. Yours is a great looking watch I may add. Wear in good health.

@Kernow, thanks for the help. I don't actually see a half link. I took one more link out and it was pretty tight so I put it back. It's not too bad, could be a scosh tighter, but it's not slipping all over the place so it's livable with. I posted pics of the clasp anyway; maybe you can see the half-ling, I mean half link, in it.

Ok great, just wanted to be sure they were't supposed to screw down. Also found out Pure Time does test for and say you can use with watch to 20 meters. Pretty sweet.

Honestly this rep is freakin' awesome. VERY VERY well made. It lets me look like I should, a daft [censored] ;-)

post-65836-0-03766200-1408570829_thumb.j

post-65836-0-77909400-1408570831_thumb.j

post-65836-0-64739700-1408570833_thumb.j

This is a gen Seamaster Bond titanium bracelet, but you can see the half link. Try contacting you TD they maybe able to help you source one.

image_zpsfd3c437a.jpg

@Kernow, I emailed Pure Time and no response yet, but do you think this rep is close enough to the original that I could order a real half link and have it fit?

Hmmmm difficult to say, but at a guess 'no', I'd personally not chance it as the half link maybe quite expensive - although have a look on eBay and see what's there. Don't forget, that any of the TD's should be able to get spares, as long as you know the maker of your watch: BP, Noob etc.

@GenTLe thanks for the tip. Yes it's the 7753 Movement and quick set date.

@Kernow Ok. I messaged Angus from here and I've yet to hear back. Seems any messages I send via email never get answered. The ones I message from here do, but not necessarily in a timely fashion. If he doesn't have one I'll trying getting a real one. I have a full CNC Machine shop so I'm sure I can modify, no problem.

I figured it out. Impressive, even the rep has the bracelet number etched on the clasp.

Glad you figured it out. You could also try some the the suppliers of gen parts if you wish to go that way - Cousins UK or Otto Frei. Google is your help there.

@Kernow can you measure your band width. The half links on ebay that are coming up on searches say they are 18mm wide. Mine measure 20.09mm. My watch is a 44mm case size, so I'm not sure what size watch yours is. Thanks.

My watches are 41mm diameter. I know that I have two bracelet types - I'll try and measure them in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk