When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Urgent Angelus Question

JBoy

i have only 3 movements... but not the perfect movement. It exist also a angelus240 without alarm function... looks like historic panerai angelus movement... Ross has it on hand and he is a great person... i hope he is very happy with it and i hope to find also one.

so i look forward to find this type of movement.

i am a collector... and if a collector loves a movement... he will hold more than 1 of this type of movement.

how much panerai or rolex watches are in your collection?

how much Unitas?

you sought 1 year for your favorite watch? Spend some 100 hours? Get some $1.000?

then you will understand my opnion.

dear friend

great pics... CONGRATULATE

but why you have cleaned the movements so much? It looks like new?

i told my watchmaker, that he don´t do full revision. Only a simple cleaning... this movements are historic movements and it is better that they looks old???

:g:

@tourbillon1801

Thanks we have the same taste...I did NOT clean the movements you see yet..they are like that from the case...They are later ones from 1951, and 1960..The duo clock in the photo has a VERY tarnished CDG bridge plate..so maybe you'll like this one!

I am working on a 203 so I want to make sure I have all the spare parts I can in case I need them.

I already broke a pivot trying to take the alarm bits out..

You are absolutlely right..the non alarm is the one to find ..and I am still looking as I think others are too.

Goodbye friends, :D

gil

Jboy give me a f*cking break. I am happy to help you find the best sub I am happy to answer 99% of all questions that I am asked all day long.

All I said is that there are many of us still looking for these movements and that is why I am not providing any hints. I noted that I dont even know you and that I would be a little more inclined to provide someone who I actualy know with some tips to find the most sought after movement out there.

There is nothing f*cking elitist about that at all. I dont know you that is all. If a member that I know PM'd me asking for hints I might be more inclined to give him a hand as I know him and I know what he has contributed here.

By the way - I did f*cking help you by telling you that the 1st movement you showed was no good and then I told you the clock that you showed was no good. So what the [censored]ing hell do you mean that I am elitist and ignorant. That will teach me for so promptly answering your questions on three replica boards.

Based on the fact that I told yo not to buy two bad clocks I think I saved you a bunch of money - you are welcome for that.

Chris,

You're right and I agree with you on helping members with all we can , but when it affects the $$$ we pay for our parts its better to leave the competition to the ones who put effort in and pay their dues to compete...

We are talking apples and oranges here..giving advise on a perfect sub does not cost us money..Telling the world how to identify a 240 Angelus from a picture is earned and paid for knowledge..if we reveal this we lose money as we have created more demand than supply.

Those who know how to tell have spent many dollars with wrong clocks to find out..no one told us..and as much as you like me ...you never told me.. :D

@jboy..this is not rocket science..just settle down and study.

BTW, Chris is NOT an elitist..but probably the most helpful member here and at the other 2 forums...

I think an apology is in order.

Jboy give me a f*cking break. I am happy to help you find the best sub I am happy to answer 99% of all questions that I am asked all day long.

All I said is that there are many of us still looking for these movements and that is why I am not providing any hints. I noted that I dont even know you and that I would be a little more inclined to provide someone who I actualy know with some tips to find the most sought after movement out there.

There is nothing f*cking elitist about that at all. I dont know you that is all. If a member that I know PM'd me asking for hints I might be more inclined to give him a hand as I know him and I know what he has contributed here.

By the way - I did f*cking help you by telling you that the 1st movement you showed was no good and then I told you the clock that you showed was no good. So what the [censored]ing hell do you mean that I am elitist and ignorant. That will teach me for so promptly answering your questions on three replica boards.

Based on the fact that I told yo not to buy two bad clocks I think I saved you a bunch of money - you are welcome for that.

You're a real star. You didn't save me ANY money. I was outbid on one and wasn't going to buy the other. Plus there were several other people who told me the exact same thing without being a [censored] about it.

Some people have offered to help me. OFFERED. How nice is that!!?? And anyone out there with loads of cash - I have two movements for you if you're interested. But you better have deep pockets. (And no - I'm not selling them myself).

I will continue my HOBBY of searching for my own movement. Or if someone wants to sell me theirs (or even a finished watch) at a reasonable price (under $2K) then PM me.

Cucumber - you're right - you don't know me. But neither do all the other people who offered to help me. Not sure what that says about you. I now know exactly what to look for - and I doubt very much if that knowledge is going to do ANYTHING to affect the price of movements.

When I was a moderator myself on a Panerai board - I would answer every question and help anyone who asked on ALL the boards - just because watches are my passion and I am willing to share that with anyone who cares enough to ask - regardless of who they were, how long they had been on that forum or if it ended up costing me money. I can't count the number of free straps or books or screwdrivers or anything else I gave away (or the get-togethers I organized and payed or, etc). As long as I could help others enjoy Panerai as much as me - that was all that mattered.

Anyone else - I'm not looking for the perfect non-alarm stem-wound version. I would just like ANY old Angelus that will work in a watch. I'm not fussy. If you've got one to sell - PM me.

Edited by JBoy

a reasonable price (under $2K)

See, this scares me. A clock movement for almost $2000. :blink:

The reason people don't give away secrets is because these things can be resold for almost two frickin' thousand dollars. They're not going to tell you how to get one for $50 when they can get it themselves and pocket well over a grand in real cold hard spendable cash ... from you.

You can't expect anyone to be that helpful when you've got these kinds of numbers floating around.

See, this scares me. A clock movement for almost $2000. :blink:

The reason people don't give away secrets is because these things can be resold for almost two frickin' thousand dollars. They're not going to tell you how to get one for $50 when they can get it themselves and pocket well over a grand in real cold hard spendable cash ... from you.

You can't expect anyone to be that helpful when you've got these kinds of numbers floating around.

Well I will reply with a slightly changed Mr. Burns quote:

"What good is money if it can't inspire terror (in or case ENVY) in your fellow man?"

168354-10467.gif

For those that know about Angelus movements...

Does anyone know - just by looking at this picture - if it will have a suitable movement in it? (for a watch)...

168364-10465.jpg

168364-10466.jpg

THANKS!

Why remove the movement????

Just put a belt on it and call it "Shaq's Bell and Ross Instrument :1a:

I don't know, ....this whole bit about fitting larger movements into wristwatches flies in the face of centuries of engineering among horologists for smaller, thinner, less obtrusive timepieces. The change over to and the appeal of wristwatches over pocketwatches was based in how much one has to haul around and where you have to put it to be informed about time in the course of a day. Maybe the mechanical engineers are admitting that you can't compete with quartz for thin and accurate so they are flourishing in a size realm where a quartz movement is superfluous. I think this is Freuedian compensation for the mechanical almost being killed off and left for dead by quartz two decades ago. Our mechanical timepieces are saying "Look at me, I'm still here and I'm bigger than ever."