When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BFF my new BFF

jtiis

Best Friend Forever... well, as watches go "Forever" is a pretty loose word - but take my word for it... the Noob Fifty is EXTREEMELY NIFTY.

Bezel click and movement is very near the gen. Has a fantastic - but not overwhelming -  heft. All while wearing much smaller than most 45mm watches because of the curved bottom construction. This also prevents the watch from having a hockey puck dynamic that so many large watches possess. The attention to details on this piece show in spades.

This one has the SW200 in her and is mounted on a custom shark strap from Stone Creek Straps. The little Blancpain display was a accidental find on the bay. *Pardon the dust spots... she showed up "clean".Cheers -

post-12738-0-41196000-1409070673_thumb.j

post-12738-0-41096500-1409070701_thumb.j

post-12738-0-45509700-1409070900_thumb.j

Thanks. Liking this thing more and more. Took her by my smith for some other work and had him put her on the timing machine and do a pressure test. .5+/day and passed the PT for 3 bar no problem (straight from factory no o-ring greasing).

I'm actually slimming down my collection but wanted the fifty when I first saw it was out as I'd liked the gen for some time. Happy camper. Sad to see some others go but this one is a joy to have come in. Cheers -

post-12738-0-49122700-1409087362_thumb.j

I really can't compare the feel of the two movements (two being AETA and SW200). I can just say the SW is super smooth and is keeping killer time. I've not looked to see if it's an SW200.2 (look up the difference in discussions about the Patek watches... I think that was the most common discussion bringing it up in the past). Being a newer (later) watch I'd guess they are. As she did well on her swim test I don't want to open up just to see - but when I do - I'm my rememberer is remembering I'll do so. AETA's well cared for can be great movement those.. some more than others - but certain can be.