When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Discount Eyeglasses

cortopar

Totally off-topic, but I've been getting more and more disgusted at the constantly rising prices and falling quality of eyeglasses.

My last Lens Crafters "top of the line" rimless glasses cost almost $600 and lasted less than a year.

I stumbled across a few sites recently that make glasses overseas and import them to the US (or other places) at tremendous discount. Anyway, got a new prescription a few weeks ago and ordered 2 pair of glasses from http://www.zennioptical.com The way you can choose a rimless frame, and then pick from tons of different lens sizes/shapes was very cool.

I got the glasses in about 2 weeks, and the quality is much higher than I was expecting. Comparable if not better than what I can get locally. I got a pair of rimless and a black plastic "fashion" frame with high index lenses, AR, etc for less than $80 shipped.

Can't beat it.

Guest aclaimsman

I purchase all my eyeware from JC Penny Optical and have never paid more than $170.00 for no line bifocals, including rimless frames. I thought that I was getting the best price, but looks like you got mine beat.

I'm surprised with all these high end watches noone talks about high end eyeglasses. I personally own my second pair of Cartier gold and wood frames, a pair of fred, persol and versace sunglasses all prescription. I look at eyeglasses like watches, I wear them every day so they have to be the best.

My previous frames include yves st laurent, cazal, versace, neostyle, and a few others I can't remember. I have tried on some others, but nothing compares with the cartier's IMO.

I'm surprised with all these high end watches noone talks about high end eyeglasses. I personally own my second pair of Cartier gold and wood frames, a pair of fred, persol and versace sunglasses all prescription. I look at eyeglasses like watches, I wear them every day so they have to be the best.

My previous frames include yves st laurent, cazal, versace, neostyle, and a few others I can't remember. I have tried on some others, but nothing compares with the cartier's IMO.

I take it you don't have young kids? :D

My kids have always grabbed my glasses and played with them, bent them, sat on them etc. Never done that with my watches.

I take it you don't have young kids?

My kids have always grabbed my glasses and played with them, bent them, sat on them etc. Never done that with my watches.

No, I don't. I guess that makes sense. I almost went cheap when I lost my first pair of Cartier's. Left them at the bar and voila, they dissapeared. I am much more careful now.

• 2 months later...