When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What do you think of my mods so far?

davidmac

Hello everyone!

I purchased a cheap Sub-C from M2M over on RWI last month, there's a lot of flaws in it though so I thought I'd try my hand at a couple of improvements.

I did the PPPP Paint Mod (well my own version as I couldn't get testors paint here in the UK) and also rebrushed the bracelet as it had polished mid links.

So far I think it looks miles better than it did, I have got a TC crown to replace this one ( thanks to Coffindodger for his donation) as it's massive but the crown doesn't fit the tube so I bought a new tube from Yuki which should arrive soon.  The crown guards are massive too but I don't feel confident enough to shave them down, Yet.
I think it'll need a new dial at some point as the font is a bit weird, also the lume on the markers looks yellowish.

Anyway here's some pictures of where I'm up to but I'll start off with the sales picture from the original sale.

Thanks for looking 

Dave

photo4_zps4f55c7902_zps3eb0b116.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps8cacb720.jpg

FullSizeRender1_zps2235e5c1.jpg

FullSizeRender2_zps29d866eb.jpg

I'm not quite sure what's going on with the Lume on this dial

The only explanation I can think of was that whoever assembled the watch smoked a thousand cigarettes and blew the smoke directly at the lume prior to installing the dial.

I've not really spent anything on it, Mart aka Coffindodger kindly sent me a TC crown to try and improve the watch and I purchased a new tube from yuki for about £8 (which was for a different watch but didn't fit)

I might have a bash at trying to relume the dial or maybe keep my eyes peeled for a cheap better one on m2m.

Cheers for the comments guys.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalksSic

Edited by davidmac

Guest ntense

The only explanation I can think of was that whoever assembled the watch smoked a thousand cigarettes and blew the smoke directly at the lume prior to installing the dial.

LMFAO! I just pictured that happening and I cant stop laughing.

the dial needs to go, the font looks weird.

Dave look through m2m parts for a ch

eep dial or maybe a nice member may have a spare knocking about for you.

Have fun with it but

don't spend too much on it.its all good learning for the future

I've been keeping my eyes peeled on all the m2m sales but so far nothing has cropped up.

There's no rush though, I'm probably going to have a go at fitting the crown you sent me later, I need to replace the tube too so hopefully the yuki one I bought will fit the case. Anymore purchases in the pipeline Mart?

What's up with the lume on this dial, it looks odd?

I'm not sure, I think the lume has either been mixed with one of those urinal fresheners you find in public toilets or it has been handled by someone who has some serious nicotine Stains on their fingers.

• Like 1

I installed the yuki tube and TC crown last night, I think it looks a lot better than before. I needed to countersink the case a little and cut the tube down a little to get a flush fit to the case.

I also greased all the seals, it's lasted 3 showers so far :)

f240876f7bffbe0e6eee58012cc115f6.jpg