When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

pam 393 on puretime?

folex

• 3 weeks later...

Saw the Gen on Saturday its very nice 

SMhxwUc.png?1

Not that Angus's isnt nice, but its not the same watch in anyway (HINT its not the CROWN) 

PAM2014091602-01_enl.JPG

It might only be 2mm , but its a Very big 2mm

Where as KV has got the size right

http://www.kuvarsit.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=32074

76f662d7f1e9016c242ab3f5df061c24.jpg

Just the movement leave a bit to be desired

4eb3b34c8c9fe95065a69fe3e4bb66dd.jpg

3024-2500-PAM393.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Personally I like the 393; a 42mm case is a welcome size addition to a line historically devoted to many larger cases. The new 393 is a very good looking rep especially with the brown strap, very gen-like.

Storm tooper4 you should revisit PT and TT, both are offering a newer version in the correct size with an updated movement... although I'm not too sure about the dial color. 

Angus has done himself a disservice IMO by labeling the watch as a "Ladies" model... unisex maybe, but many if not most 393 buyers are males and putting potential buyers off with the gender attachment is a mistake. The gen is listed as a Mens watch.

Now to see if they release the updated 392....

Edited by Pontiaddict

• 2 weeks later...

Currently I have no basis for comparison, this is my first and only PAM, however I do have a 351 on the way and I can provide some side-by-side once it arrives. It is easy to wear and still a substantial timepiece measuring 51mm lug to lug, ~50mm incl. the CG.

General FYI my watch shown above is the older version not the updated 393 which was just released; noticeable improvements with the updated version include the movement, date font, thumbnail buckle and screw in strap lugs rather than quick release. The cost has more than doubled, but now with this watch in my hand the differences are noticeable. My 393 is a very nice affordable watch but certainly not a super-rep, I will leave it to others to define the newest version.

Edited by Pontiaddict