When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1675 Question

preacher62

Just a question for someone who knows, for sure.  Do the 1675 reps from the TDs use h5 wheels.  It seems that, in order to clear the GMT wheel an h5 hour wheel would be good and then you'd need h5 wheels all the way.

Additionally, mine looks like h5 wheels.  Haven't measured them.  I'm building a 2846 for my 1675 and want to make sure I put the proper wheels without dismantling the movement that is in there accept for harvesting the GMT stuff.

True??

M

I have a couple '1655' from about 10 or 12 years back that came with swiss eta 2836 along with one '1675' with the same movement from 5 or 6 years back with non adjustable 24 hour hand and standard 2836 hour wheel/cp (H4?)...the 24 hour hand is very close to the dial and the 12 hour hand is very close to the 24 hour hand.

They all have the standard 24 hour hand modification with a double stack calendar wheel driving the 24 hour wheel fitted under the 12 hour wheel.

All the watches I have seen using this movement modification have 24 hour hands close to the dial. I have a sapphire GMT from the same era as the '1655' and I will try to remember to check and see how much room it has between the dial and hands.

I do not know about the latest offerings.

Otoh...

I looked at a modern sapphire 'noob' GMT 16710, case number F520117 with swiss eta 2836 and incorrect hs with adjustable 24 hour hand...it has adequate room between the 24hour hand and dial as well as the 24 hour and 12 hour hand so with this modification the hour wheel/cp are high enough. Do not know if parts are H4 or H5 though.

I have a couple '1655' from about 10 or 12 years back that came with swiss eta 2836 along with one '1675' with the same movement from 5 or 6 years back with non adjustable 24 hour hand and standard 2836 hour wheel/cp (H4?)...the 24 hour hand is very close to the dial and the 12 hour hand is very close to the 24 hour hand.

They all have the standard 24 hour hand modification with a double stack calendar wheel driving the 24 hour wheel fitted under the 12 hour wheel.

All the watches I have seen using this movement modification have 24 hour hands close to the dial. I have a sapphire GMT from the same era as the '1655' and I will try to remember to check and see how much room it has between the dial and hands.

I do not know about the latest offerings.

Otoh...

I looked at a modern sapphire 'noob' GMT 16710, case number F520117 with swiss eta 2836 and incorrect hs with adjustable 24 hour hand...it has adequate room between the 24hour hand and dial as well as the 24 hour and 12 hour hand so with this modification the hour wheel/cp are high enough. Do not know if parts are H4 or H5 though.

Thanks for the rundown. As I look at the 1675 the hour hand seems extraordinarily far above the dial. When I had it apart I should have measured them with the mic. The movement that is in the watch is a very good running movement and I want to use it in another GMT project so I don't want to take it apart.