When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Classic Watch Of All Time

Mark Eleven

Which one would you consider the classic watch of all time?

IMHO, I think it's a close call between Submariner, Omega Speedmaster Pro and IWC Mark XI. All are legendary with colorful history and story to tell.

If I have to choose one as the classic watch of all time, then probably it will be the Sub.

IMHO, I think it's a close call between Submariner, Omega Speedmaster Pro and IWC Mark XI. All are legendary with colorful history and story to tell.

I don't think the IWC is anywhere near as legendary as the Cartier Santos, for instance. IWC is not that well-known outside of places like here.

However, the single most legendary watch is the Rolex: In the public's eyes, there is no Sub, Daytona or DayDay (sic), there's just a Rolex. They couldn't tell you a model, but they can tell you the hands don't sweep on fakes.

I don't think the IWC is anywhere near as legendary as the Cartier Santos, for instance. IWC is not that well-known outside of places like here.

However, the single most legendary watch is the Rolex: In the public's eyes, there is no Sub, Daytona or DayDay (sic), there's just a Rolex. They couldn't tell you a model, but they can tell you the hands don't sweep on fakes.

Got to agree. There is no brand of fine watch that the general public recognizes more as the face of excellence than Rolex.

I can take a stab at what I see as the most classically designed watch of all time. I dont think there will ever be a generation of collectors that will not see desireability in the Patek 5059

168497-10419.jpg

Wasn't the Cartier Tank the first real commonly available wristwatch?

I would think it would have to be on the list. As much as i love Subs (and dive watches in general) I think most people think Datejust when they think Rolex and would guess (just a guess) that far more have been sold than Subs...

I would think it would have to be on the list. As much as i love Subs (and dive watches in general) I think most people think Datejust when they think Rolex and would guess (just a guess) that far more have been sold than Subs...

I agree here. Before I knew watches, the Datejust was the only Rolex I thought existed!