When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

May you help me to identify this Sub-C?

GenTLe

Hi All,

got it today from a member on the cousin forum, and after the first checks I've seen that:

1) the date doesn't change by itself (it changes only if I use the quick date set, but not moving the hands)

2) the DWO is poorly aligned for half of the DW (numbers 16 -> 29 too much on the left of the date window)

For point 1: I've already started to overhaul the movement in order to fix the problem. Luckily I'm able to do by my self.

For point 2: I've asked to BK if he can sell me a DWO (gosh, it's expensive! 25$ + 10$ shipping for such little piece of printed plastic...). Just for my personal culture, is there any other option?

Anyway, now I'd like to know if someone knows which version it is. It has been sold as Noob V3...

Can you identify and confirm or tell me what this is from the following pics?

Thanks a lot, GenTLe

1e30vd.jpg
28vc2hk.jpg
rmoikn.jpg
2445s3k.jpg
2qib4mx.jpg
33epxu9.jpg

Disagree with you Ezio. It is a v3 or at least a v2. The pearl is new so not v1 like and the skinny crown on the dial is very common for v2/v3. Also the crown has very nice and deep teeths unlike the bp version so it is noob for sure.

So the watch looks very nice except of the date issue which you can fix :)

Uhm... I don't know Ezio.

Look here. From the top: Angus' Noob V3, mine one and Angus' Noob V1. Don't look the color, since that depends a lot of the camera and light condition of the shot.

The hands and the perl of mine looks much more like V3.

RLX2014021201-02_enl.JPG

post-63910-0-29583800-1415229474_thumb.j

RLX-2012-07-06-01-02bj_enl.jpg

Disagree with you Ezio. It is a v3 or at least a v2. The pearl is new so not v1 like and the skinny crown on the dial is very common for v2/v3. Also the crown has very nice and deep teeths unlike the bp version so it is noob for sure.

So the watch looks very nice except of the date issue which you can fix :)

Agree with you, it's ok and after the service of the movement it will be perfect :D

Actually, is it normal that these ones don't have the laser etched coronet in the crystal? I've a BP GMT II (PVD pro-hunter batman version) and it has it. Same for Noob V1.

I suppose that if V1 has it and V3 doesn't it's right that there is no coronet... Am I right?

Edited by GenTLe

Yes a v2 or v3 ezio remember your v3 have a modded insert and my dial :D

Which kind of modding should be done to make the insert "gen like"?

If it is related to number painting, I can do it (as I have already did the TopGun symbol on my Iwc ceramic) if you can advise about the right color :)

Thanks

Pearl doesnt have glass clad moreover u can get your watch service and fix with the date problem. Hop over upp seranhoon shopping centre 2nd floor only watch shop. Look for wilfred probably cost u no more than 50$

Com'on...

For sure it is a Noob. No one else uses the gold 2836 superclone.

Ah and by the way also BK confirmed it's the 2014 v3.

Movement is already fully unassembled at my bench and I'm going to clean it and reassemble/oil it next week.

Pearl doesnt have glass clad moreover u can get your watch service and fix with the date problem. Hop over upp seranhoon shopping centre 2nd floor only watch shop. Look for wilfred probably cost u no more than 50$

My bad I didn't read your post correctly. And happy to write I now aquired the skills and tools to service it by my own.

By the way: what's this shopping center you're writing about? (consider I'm near Milan, the original Italian Milan, not the name-cloned American ones)