When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Audemars Piguet

Josephblack88

This is a travesty, and something that happened when a real ROO rep snuck out of the assembly line in the middle of the night by an evil chinese worker, taken to his relative's factory and repped. The only movements that the relative could find then were quartz ones, and after a shoddy series of yelling, tear sheds, and banging on the bare concrete floor for no conceivable reason, and oh yes, adaptation of the original assembly and manufacture process, this hideous watch was born with a quartz movement implanted in where an automatic movement should be, on a cold winter night in a village just north of Guangzhou, 2km from where its distant and more glamorous cousins lie in silent wait for their turn at the assembly line, where each would receive the A7750 sec@12 movement which would give it life, and eventually, put a smile on the face of its owner.

OK maybe that was a little bit too graphic. What I was trying to say is no, please don't buy this, unless its to give to your worst imaginable adversary as a Christmas gift. Between wearing this or watching a Britney Spears full concert, or getting eaten by an alligator ankle up, it is a tough tough decision.

So perhaps you could just forgo buying this, and understand that there are nice ROO reps (yes still flawed but wearable and good, trust me(, which make your friends go "hey nice watch dude!". The only time you are going to get compliments if you wear the watch you shown is when you run into Stevie Wonder, or the guy who built it.

I hope the message is clear. Stay away!

Lol Thanks for the advise! I'll stay away. He told me its Swiss automatic bla bla bla and he wants to give it for 300$, but I still said no! I'll pay more and get a decent one!

$300 is about $200 more than what I would pay for it on a generous day, and $300 more than I would pay on an ordinary day. 

If you are looking for a nicer version, check this out.

http://www.pure-time.com/product/royal-oak-offshore-black-themes-jf-best-edition-on-black-leather-strap-a7750/ Yes it is $300 more, or 2x the price, but you save yourself of looking like an ignorant afficionado and you save your friends from getting new laugh lines and a sore belly from all the closet giggling they are going to indulge in. ;)

The APROO with secs. at 12 is the pure luxury watch. For $358 You can get the non-chrono AP Diver V7 latest version, which is a fine rep with a simpler, more reliable movement. Completely different level than that one posted. Check it out as well.

For your first AP rep, and considering that you don't have a really deep and wide knowledge base of AP watches (No insult, we all started out at the bottom!!) , I would follow nightwatch's advice and invest two thirds of what you would spend on a ROO Chronograph and get a nice AP diver either the forged carbon version or the stainless steel I have a V3 Forged carbon and a V5 S/S and they are both very nice watches with good solid movements. There are later versions of both watches that are very nice.

Another factor to consider, and I know some folks will disagree with me on this, but the ROO chrono has an A7750 movement that has been  modified  to change the running seconds from the 9 o'clock position to 12 o'clock. This has been problematic with some movements, and although there are supposed to be better versions of the A7750 in the new versions of the ROO chronograph, I'm not totally convinced that they have solved the problem. And here is the deal, you may get a watch that runs flawlessly and you never have a problem, but if you happen to get one with a "bad" movement, it's a nightmare, and one that is almost Impossible to fix. I know from experience, I have 4 ROO Chronos, two have never given  me a minutes trouble, the other two have been nothing but trouble. One has been back and forth to the repair person three times and is still with him, hopefully getting another movement finally. The other has been back and forth twice and I just got it back a few days ago, and it is running fine now, so hopefully it's fixed.

So my advice to you is walk into the water from the beach, don't jump off the end of the pier into deep water!! Buy a Diver, read, research, look at what others have and what they say and then you can make and informed decision. Also there is a wealth of information over in the AP forum.